Aeris Atmos 2 mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Despite the owner of DSS saying no, I can tell you that my Aeris Atmos 2 fits perfectly in the DSS mount for "Elastomeric Bungee Ready Mount for Oceanic VT3/VT Pro/Versa Pro/Atmos Elite/Elite T3." Even though it is not listed as supported, I can tell you from my own experience that it fits and fits well.

Despite the owner of DSS saying no, I can tell you that my Aeris Atmos 2 fits perfectly in the DSS mount for "Elastomeric Bungee Ready Mount for Oceanic VT3/VT Pro/Versa Pro/Atmos Elite/Elite T3." Even though it is not listed as supported, I can tell you from my own experience that it fits and fits well.

Gee thanks.

That's the kind of information that would be really helpful to get via PM.

Until we have confirmed information concerning fit of a particular instrument we have learned (the hard way) that it is best to *not* make claims of compatibility.

Unfortunately we do not have a sample of every instrument (and every possible variation) of every instrument ever sold.

We err on the side of caution.

Tobin

I have the same computer and have wanted to get one of your mounts for it. I have a DSS mount for my SK7 and love it.

Tobin, it looks like from he picture that you just take off the band and that the unit still in the wrist mount housing minus the strap slips into your mount. Is that correct? I remember that when I installed the SK7, I had to totally remove it from the factory boot and then just used yours.

I have the same computer and have wanted to get one of your mounts for it. I have a DSS mount for my SK7 and love it.

Tobin, it looks like from he picture that you just take off the band and that the unit still in the wrist mount housing minus the strap slips into your mount. Is that correct? I remember that when I installed the SK7, I had to totally remove it from the factory boot and then just used yours.

For most of our mounts you remove the stock strap before inserting the instrument into our mount.

Until I have specific first hand knowledge of a particular application I'm reluctant to recommend it.

If the Atmos II works that's great, but as the manufacturer I have to be able to stand behind what we sell, and that requires such information be verified.

Tobin

I suspected it might fit as the atmos 2 and atmos elite look almost exactly the same. I am willing to take the gamble and test it, no warranty implied :) Thank you for the suggestion.

Well I got the boot today, I can report that It fits and the button and download port are accessible, but I am not looking forward to taking it out and putting it back in again when it is time to change the battery. Maybe the rubber was just too cold from sitting on the porch, but it took much longer than I expected and a screwdriver along with pair of needle nose to get it into the boot. Its certainly not going anywhere. I can provide a picture if anyone is interested.

I would love to see some pics if you are willing to post. Thanks for the update. So you have to totally remove it from the boot to replace the battery?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom