Aeris Accel with Seawing Nova bungee straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know 100% if the SP Seawing Nova bungee straps will fit the Accels? I've sent few emails but am getting conflicting info unfortunately these fins are not available in Japan so cannot check first hand. Cheers.

They'll fit but you have to modify the post. I used them on a set of fins and had to cut a flat edge on the flange of the post, easy to do. Personally I like the straps on the Accels. Simple, less bulky, and inexpensive, and can easily carry a spare or two in your save a dive kit.

They'll fit but you have to modify the post. I used them on a set of fins and had to cut a flat edge on the flange of the post, easy to do. Personally I like the straps on the Accels. Simple, less bulky, and inexpensive, and can easily carry a spare or two in your save a dive kit.

Cheers for the reply. Sorry I don't quite follow, did you try the Nova straps on the Accels or are you referring to a different set of fins but with the same size post as the Accels?

---------- Post added October 3rd, 2013 at 08:16 AM ----------

I don't suppose you know the post dimensions, inner and outer?

Okay I just tried fitting the SP bungee straps on the Accels and they fit perfectly. Bonus you do not have to modify the posts, sorry about the misinformation. I had them on my mantarays and the posts are larger than the Accels. So 100% confirmation SP bungee straps fit Accels.

Cheers

Okay I just tried fitting the SP bungee straps on the Accels and they fit perfectly. Bonus you do not have to modify the posts, sorry about the misinformation. I had them on my mantarays and the posts are larger than the Accels. So 100% confirmation SP bungee straps fit Accels.

Cheers

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear, thanks a million for taking the time to check, Thunderbirds are go....:D

I bought a pair of Accels to use for air travel as they are so light. Used them for the first time yesterday and they seem fine although not sure how they would go finning against a strong current. I used a spare set of Mares straps I had which fitted fine. I just lacked confidence in the straps that come with these fins OME. As the Mares straps fitted Ok I assume any Mares straps including their bungee straps would also fit without any problems.

Mine arrived today. Was very surprised at how light there are I actually thought the box was empty. I'm a size 6 and the XS fit fine. I put some SP Seawing Nova bungees on them. Am off to Okinawa tomorrow diving so will report back next week. First dry impressions seem a little soft not sure how well they will frog kick or stand up to a current. Time will tell. Hoping for the best, weight and size wise look to be great great for travel.

FYI--Innovate Scuba has a generic bungie type strap that fits a standard post. Should also work with the Accels for those wanting a more traditional buckle option.

Buddhasummer, what did you end up thinking of the Accels? Thinking of getting a pair because of the small size/weight, but curious about:

1. How well they do in current with standard scissor kicking?
2. How manueverable they are for frog/helicopter/back kicking (I do a lot of photography, so mainly use these styles)
3. Are they positively buoyant? Do your feet end up floaty?
4. Can they be worn without boots? (just neoprene socks?)

If anyone has other recommendations for light/small/wearable without boots but still manueverable (in the jet fin sense) I'd love to hear them.

Mine arrived today. Was very surprised at how light there are I actually thought the box was empty. I'm a size 6 and the XS fit fine. I put some SP Seawing Nova bungees on them. Am off to Okinawa tomorrow diving so will report back next week. First dry impressions seem a little soft not sure how well they will frog kick or stand up to a current. Time will tell. Hoping for the best, weight and size wise look to be great great for travel.

Buddhasummer, what did you end up thinking of the Accels? Thinking of getting a pair because of the small size/weight, but curious about:

1. How well they do in current with standard scissor kicking?
2. How manueverable they are for frog/helicopter/back kicking (I do a lot of photography, so mainly use these styles)
3. Are they positively buoyant? Do your feet end up floaty?
4. Can they be worn without boots? (just neoprene socks?)

If anyone has other recommendations for light/small/wearable without boots but still manueverable (in the jet fin sense) I'd love to hear them.

1. They handle reasonable current fine. A fin does not know it is in current or not. They are a moderately fast fin therefore they can handle current decently as long as you do not have unreasonable expectations. I would not agree that scissor kicking is "standard."

2.They are extremely maneuverable and perform all kicks very well. I was able to maneuver with my camera in typical Cozumel current without any need for hands.

3. I would say they are neutral to slightly negative.

4. I would say you will need boots. The pocket is clearly intended for a thin boot. Socks may do . My boots are very thing and have a very minimal sole but they do have a sole.

Considering the size of these fins they are very adequate SCUBA fins. Two thirds or less the weight of Jets and 80% of the size and 80% of the thrust.

I like mine, a very good travel fin and an adequate all around single tank fin. Well made, good quality. Do not bother with spring straps, it will defeat part of their purpose, weight reduction, and the Accel straps are in my opinion, excellent as they are.

N

Back
Top Bottom