Aeris A300 CS OLED Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guess this explains why my A300CS is basically a paperweight now. Unbelievable, $1K plus and it showed degradation on dives 30-60 (2nd trip). Now, 3rd trip, it's barely readable in the dark. I bought a new puter, Scubapro G2, hopefully it will work like a champ!

Yes, it's the blue pixels that seem to be the problem in PMOLED's. Rereading what I said about AMOLED displays not being available in dive computer type quantities I realize that could be misinterpreted. The problem is that AMOLED displays are marketed to consumer electronics with buys in the 100's of thousands to millions, the manufacturers at this point don't want to deal with products like dive computers that might sell a few thousand units in a year. That could change as the production capacity matures.

Ron
Ron,
Do You know, what exact spec is this display unit in it or/and where to get it? I have the same defect with my Aeris A 300cs bought 4 years ago, after just 50 dives. Now I'm going to strip it out and to replace with new display my self. Couldn't find any service to get done this...

Thanks,
Cheers

Ron,
Do You know, what exact spec is this display unit in it or/and where to get it? I have the same defect with my Aeris A 300cs bought 4 years ago, after just 50 dives. Now I'm going to strip it out and to replace with new display my self. Couldn't find any service to get done this...

Thanks,
Cheers
I really don't know. There are many manufacturers of PMOLED displays, and no standardization as far as controllers or connectors. Sometimes displays have a manufacturer's name or part # on them, but not always. Those computers were manufactured by Pelagic, now owned by Aqua Lung, while the Oceanic brand that also sells Pelagic computers is now owned by Huish Outdoors. Aeris was just a marketing label, Pelagic was the manufacturer and would be the best source for information as to whether or not these displays are still available.

Ron

Hey guys, would any of you be interested to sell your broken A300 CS to get at least some money back? Mine I managed to crack the glass screen (not whilst diving thank goodness). The actual OLED seems to still work fine and so I'm just after a broken one just for parts. Would anyone be happy to sell?

We can do a simple quick transaction through eBay and I can PayPal the money through. Drop me a PM if you're keen :).

Hey guys, would any of you be interested to sell your broken A300 CS to get at least some money back? Mine I managed to crack the glass screen (not whilst diving thank goodness). The actual OLED seems to still work fine and so I'm just after a broken one just for parts. Would anyone be happy to sell?

We can do a simple quick transaction through eBay and I can PayPal the money through if you're keen :)
Hey mate, Im keen to offload mine. Glass is solid just the OLED is shot. Im in Brisbane so will be minimum postage.

My wife's A300 CS did the exact same thing. We bought her the Oceanic OCi which uses the same transmitter as the Aeris.

Back
Top Bottom