Aeris 500 problem with temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a new Aeris 500; just 16 dives on it. During my last few dives, the temperature reading showed about 10 degrees higher than everyone else. We were at Santa Barbara Island, and when we hit the thermocline, temps dropped from about 68 to 53.

I do realize the Aeris displays current temps only, and does not remember lowest. I've also heard of other compters that do not recognize temperature changes for about 10 minutes. This doesn't seem to be the case here.

I've since sent the unit in to Aeris for re-calibration but, has anyone else seen similar problems, or, have experiance with new computers out of the box needing to be calibrated. All other functions seem to correlate pretty closely with other divers computer readings.

BTW, this was purchased thru my LDS, authorized dealer, etc., and it is not "grey market".

rickyd -

I have a Aeris 300G and seem to have the same problem. My dive buddy also has a 300G and her temps are always at least 3 degrees colder than mine. I don't know who's computer is right and weve had about 40 dives with the computer.

Everything else works fine, so I don't plan on getting it re-calibrated yet. Let us know if the the recalibration does the trick. Thanks.

J.G.

If you can rethink sending it in to Aeris, I would do so. I had to send in a practically new (20 dives; 5 weeks old) Atmos Pro because it flooded. Aeris took almost 9 weeks to simply replace an obviously broken unit :upset: I finally got it returned when I started to just ask for my money back. I'll never own another of their products.

Oh, this was through an authorized dealer.

-earl-

Got it back yesterday. 5 weeks. They replaced the unit. I didn't make a big deal about rushing or tracking it - wasn't that important, but 5 weeks does seem a bit much; like by 4 weeks worth. Any yes, this also was thru an authorized dealer.

But I still really like this unit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom