Advice PLEASE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuberd,

After all the advice - both good & flack - - I'm sort of curious about what you did - and how it turned out??

Dive Report?? Inquiring minds want to know!

Originally posted by -=>Larry<=-

Dive Report?? Inquiring minds want to know!
Larry....check your brain case....I think it was open and your brain fell out again....

Scuberd already posted a report... it is on page one of this thread....

If you can't find it let me know and I'll post a link to it....

The photo was taken just before I went into the water for my second Nitrox cert dive. The girl was a classmate who was setting up her gear and happened to be in the background.
I use a Dacor BC that I bought used from a Dive shop, it was a rental that they were replacing. I don't remember the model offhand, but it has served me loyally and well for about 4 years

Uncle Pug, you said "You have been away a long time and are obviously unaware of what has been happening in diver training during your absence.... "

Well said.

clarencio,

I'll agree with you - to a point. If you have achieved a high level of proficiency, there are things you'll never forget. OTOH, there are things that do slip your mind after time. If you don't use it, you lose it. I once went 1 1/2 years between dives after achieving a high level of proficiency. My first time back in the water was like I'd never been away. On subsequent dives I made a few "brain dead" errors I would never have made if I was in practice. It's not about being "stupid." It's about staying in practice and knowing you are ready to dive. There's another factor to consider - few people, especially those who take 2 years off, ever achieve a high level of proficiency.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Larry....check your brain case....I think it was open and your brain fell out again....

Scuberd already posted a report... it is on page one of this thread....
Wow, there it is ....... and one more Sr. moment for me

Originally posted by DivingGal

I don't like diving in a trio even with experienced divers. Most of the time someone is not looking out for the diver they are supposed to be. And it sounds like you'd almost be looking out for two divers who could encounter problems.

I agree, three is the worst number.

I was in almost the same situation last year with my 2 brothers on a trip to Bermuda. One was newly certified and the other hadn't been diving in 5 years. I made the one who hadn't been diving in 5 years take a refresher (I went along)....it was definitely worth the money spent.

Regardless -- be safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom