Advice please?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howsonj

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody

new to scubaboard, love it cant wait to share more! umm just a question, i have just got to france to work on a yacht here and the have din valve tanks, i have a std yoke reg. Can i use a yoke to din adaptor to dive or must i get a std yoke valve tank?

Thanks!!

howsonj

Hi everybody

new to scubaboard, love it cant wait to share more! umm just a question, i have just got to france to work on a yacht here and the have din valve tanks, i have a std yoke reg. Can i use a yoke to din adaptor to dive or must i get a std yoke valve tank?

Thanks!!

howsonj

You should be able to get your regs converted to DIN. What kind of reg do you have?

Hi WV
I just bought a Oceanic FDX10.

I'm not aware of an adapter to fit yoke regs to DIN valves. There is an adapter that allows you to use a din reg with a yoke valve.

Most regs can be converted to DIN, but it doesn't allow on the fly switching between the two valves, without an adapter. So, it might be best to convert your reg to DIN and buy an adapter for when you return to diving non DIN.

I am not familar with that reg, did you buy it new or used. Check with an Oceanic dealer and inquire about a din adapter for it.

Also check out this link for recall info on this reg.

Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear

Thanks mike, just rang my dealer and they are sending it with a din set up, as for the recall i will email them about it just tp cpver my tracks, hopefully it should be ok as the recall was for products sold up untill oct07 i think? Thanks again

There is a din kit for that reg . Any oceanic dealer can get it for you. Cost is around 60 bucks. Takes a medium size crescent and the correct size Allen wrench. You can change it in less than 10 minutes. You will not have the dvt feature though. That in itself is no big deal.

Thanks everyone for your advice greatly appreciated!

C u all down there!

There are very basic "donut" style adapters that screw into a DIN tank valve so you can use a yoke reg with a DIN tank. It only works if the DIN valve is a 5 thread instead of the 7 thread valve used for higher cylinder pressures (above 207 bar).

See XS Scuba Thermo Stand Alone Cylinder Valves for an image of the adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom