Advice on this Scuba package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k374

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Trying to buy some entry level gear and thought I'd just go with a preconfigured package...

Mares package

I noted that the regulator is "non-adjustable", is that something that is really necessary? I like the fact that the Puck 2 computer is backlit which would help if I choose to pursue night diving in the future. Any reasons why this setup would not be a good buy for an beginning diver?

The short answer is "There is no reason why this setup would not be a good buy for a beginning diver."

The long answer is that there are more things that you should consider including what your budget is, where do you plan on getting your gear serviced, will this setup work for you in 6 months - a year - two years, have you ever tried this setup?

There are many threads on this topic, which you may want to review.

Good luck.

thanks, unfortunately I do not really know how often I will be diving or what kind of diving I intend to do in the future, I am thinking I will do the AOW sometime in the future and want to get into night diving...but at this stage I just want some decent equipment that will be functional and reliable. I don't want to deal with the hassle of renting equipment so I thought I'd get my own.

I have not tried this specific gear... I don't think there is any way to actually try the equipment, except for the BCD, my budget is within $1k...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom