Advice on Sola lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill... I assume you dive saltwater... do you regularly rinse the connections between the sola and the charger with white vinegar?
This will remove any buildup of salts and calciumcarbonates that comes with diving in saltwater.

I notice a significant difference in the charge of the sola if I haven't cleaned the connections in a while.
A little white vinegar on a qtip will help :wink:

Good point Imla. I haven't cleaned them with vinegar in the past, but started to after I read yours. There was a buildup of salt water corrosion on one of the contacts.

As an update, I had to send in both of my Sola 1200s recently (one for the second time). One was not charging at all and L&M suggested I send both in. When they returned, I did one night dive using them without a problem, but on the second night dive one blinked out after 65 min on low power during a 75 min dive. Then last night both lights functioned fine on an 80 min night dive.

I really love these lights for their compactness and uniform coverage, and L&M customer support has been great. Just have to figure out why they are still causing problems. Hopefully it is something I did wrong although both lights are always charged at the same time for the same length of time (but using two different chargers of course).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom