Advice on Scubapro Twin Jet Max fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ESharp

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks

Recently bought a dry suit that requires rock boots and I had difficulty finding fins that would fit over the boots however when I tried a friends pair of Scubapro twin jet max fins I found the foot pocket to be a very comfy fit. What I am asking is has anyone had experience with these fins and could they please give me an idea of the best way to fin with them. Only doing recreational diving at the moment.

Thanks in advance

E

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 07:18 AM ----------

Hmm seems like nobody owns these.
Would anyone be able to advise me about fining with splits in general?

Last edited:
I have a pair, I scissor kick in them but I'm just a recreational diver.

Hi folks

Recently bought a dry suit that requires rock boots and I had difficulty finding fins that would fit over the boots however when I tried a friends pair of Scubapro twin jet max fins I found the foot pocket to be a very comfy fit. What I am asking is has anyone had experience with these fins and could they please give me an idea of the best way to fin with them. Only doing recreational diving at the moment.

Thanks in advance

E

I own the regular twin jets and I love them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hi folks

Thanks in advance

E

Don't know if this will help you but I also dive dry. You tend to have a lot more drag and require a stronger fin. I have 5 sets of fins. One of these sets is the Twin Jet Max. I've used them once. Once. Now they're for sale. These are my 'weakest' fins by a considerable margin. They feel like I'm "spinning my wheels" when I kick through the water. They feel rigid - like blades cutting through water - but without any power. When someone inquires about my fins for sale, I ask them their size. If they're my size or bigger, I tell them I can't recommend them to them. The one good aspect to them is that they probably don't cause cramps. Or if you're a smaller person you might be just fine with the power (your water profile would require less force).

Another thing is have you considered another option to your rock boots? I posted this thread a little while back about my experience with rock boots and how I avoided having to move to different sized fins.

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2013 at 08:44 PM ----------

I own the regular twin jets and I love them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I own both the regular twin jets and the twin jet max's. They share similar names but that's about where the comparison stops. The twin jets are, IMO, formidable and efficient fins.

They are great fins, should last forever and you will enjoy then. They are however more suited for open water activities (rec & tec). They for instance would not be any good for cave/wreck penetration type diving. Some here might argue the tec statement but I believe they work well in any open water situation, both rec/tec.

Question? Do you run into strong current where you are diving? I have a pair of ScubaPro Twin Jets and I am more than likely going to sell them. Last summer I was caught in a strong current and found myself wishing for a lot more thrust when I was trying to get out of the current. Have you looked at the Hollis F1's or F2's? These might be something to consider because the foot pockets are pretty good sized and everyone I talk to really likes the way they feel with their rock boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom