Advice on Regs to buy in US for Indo Pacific Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeke XA3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Queensland - Australia - Most of the time
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hey guys and girls.

Im going to be in the USA for a week and going to pick up some new regs.

Im looking into do TDI Extended Range, Deco Procedures etc over the next year or two so wanted to make my new purchase compatible with future tec courses.

If read plenty on here about which regs are good, and would love to get some APEKS if i find a store in San Diego that has them but what i really need advice on is this...

Which brands or models would be best suited for some one who will (hopefully) be based in the following countries over the next few years..

Australia, Fiji, Philippines, Thailand, Bali

and can be bought in the USA (ill buy either online and ship or in local San Diego dive shop if available)

I dont want to be stuck with a good reg that i cant use after a few months because i cant fix or service it.

I am an Aqualung technician and competent at understanding most regs (ie how to strip, clean and check parts) so would probably do most of my own "fixing" like freeflows etc but for yearly service would either pass to an official tech or take take the course myself.

Cheers

Zeke,

I just picked up some new regs for my twin set for my advanced nitrox and deco course. I got a set of Zeagles from Chriso at divetub. I dont think you can beat chris with service and support for the gear he sells. He is also in Aus which i see you are as well. He will also price match with overseas prices so i think its personally a win win situation.

I got a Flathead LT for the primary and a Envoy set for the secondary. Nice regs and breath very nicely. You will not be dissapointed.

Cheers Joel

Zeke,

I just picked up some new regs for my twin set for my advanced nitrox and deco course. I got a set of Zeagles from Chriso at divetub. I dont think you can beat chris with service and support for the gear he sells. He is also in Aus which i see you are as well. He will also price match with overseas prices so i think its personally a win win situation.

I got a Flathead LT for the primary and a Envoy set for the secondary. Nice regs and breath very nicely. You will not be dissapointed.

Cheers Joel

Hmm strange his shop never came up in any searches! But i leave Oz next week hence the looking to buy in the USA where im heading to before heading around the Indo Pacific!

How easy are Zeagles to repair , service, obtain parts for?

Have you had a chance to talk to Brian about your gear yet, Zeke?

Have you had a chance to talk to Brian about your gear yet, Zeke?

I did send a long email with what i was after as soon as i got your message. Havent heard back though.

OK, I am in Paris today on my way back from diving the Maldives. I will get with Brian tomorrow and we'll get something together for you in the next day or two! Thanks

Cheers would appreciate it :)

Hmm strange his shop never came up in any searches! But i leave Oz next week hence the looking to buy in the USA where im heading to before heading around the Indo Pacific!

How easy are Zeagles to repair , service, obtain parts for?

I believe they are very similar to apeks regs, also all the service kits and gear etc are available for the public to buy, you do not need to be a dealer to buy the service kits. He has them on his site.

Cheers Joel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom