advice on quitting cigarettes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania:
OK but my major question is - how to quit and not put on weight?????
Mania

Willpower :D

It's tough, but you just have to watch your diet and exercise to make up for the appetite suppression you get from smoking. Do something else when you usually smoke.

Break the routine associated with smoking.

The best thing I did was changed jobs. That was my final straw to being a quitter.

I quit smoking at home first. Then quit in my truck. Then quit at work.

Quitting and not gaining weight... eat healthy and exercise. I gained 20 lbs.

TwoBit

mania:
OK but my major question is - how to quit and not put on weight?????
Mania

you won't have to worry about that until you quit, right?

one step at a time.

quit first, give yourself six months to a year, then worry about weight gain.

besides, smoking is far worse for your health than a few extra pounds!

I went to my doctor about a year and a half ago for help, he prescribed ZYBAN for me. I was really smoking up Newports, and hooked badder than hell. The pills worked and I have never touched a cig again.
The medication was used was an anti-depressant prescription, doctors noticed that their patients that smoked stopped, and its all good from there on.
If you need that help try it, I tried my willpower which was working a couple months, until I had to leave for a field exercise, out there alot of soldiers pull out tobacco. I kept getting dragged back just wanting to share time, laughs, not singled out, etc. with my brothers at arms. Good Luck!

SGT Garcia, Jose

The weight gain problem is alot worse than a "few extra pounds" unfortunatly. I quit for one year, and in that year I put on 80 for a total of 320 pounds I am 6'7" and even for me that is alot of weight. I started smoking again, and dropped that 80 and I am back down to 255 now.

I plan on quitting at the end of the month. I currently do cardio 3 days a week and I will be increasing this to 5 days a week when I quit. I will also be doing shakes for breakfast and lunch, and a salad with chicken in the evenings.

Back
Top Bottom