Advice on Philippines Itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are fine but you will lose the group haha. Or maybe I am just extra extra slow, have definitely spent 5min+ on a single photo playing with lighting angles etc. The upside of losing the group many times now is I no longer feel that sense of panic and my mindset now is just eh I’ll find them eventually and if not I have my smb/dive alert/nautilus lifeline… of course I will be more careful in high current sites in the open ocean but both Anilao and PG dives are pretty close to shore

Part of the fun is a little separation from the group. Yeah I understand how easy it is to use 5 mins to get some great shots I do the same.
Often find an instabuddy may just leave me to follow the group but others stay with me as they want to see what I get photos of. Sometimes I pair up with a diver who doesn't have a camera and may get a video or photo of them with a turtle.

Sometimes if the dive shop is not so busy I may pay a little extra so it's just me and the guide and maybe a third diver so we can go slower than the groups.

El Galleon was super full on the weekend btw- 3-4 full boats going out every dive! But you do lose more and more divers to the bar as the day goes on lol
That is normal isn't it?
Alcoholic beverage is so cheap in the country and one of mate once said "more you drink more you save"!!!
They only checked my onehealth pass, vax cert, and ART test. No one asked for Covid insurance both times I went through Manila

Nope no s pass- I did private water taxi tho so not sure if different for public boat

I did not do any test on the 7th day, tbh first time I’m hearing about it haha
Thank you.
Self-monitoring until 7th day from arrival. So totally rely on self-discipline of the individual because there is no way the authority can observe it. And there is no test to confirm anything.

S-Pass is probably still necessary to travel to restricted area.

That is normal isn't it?
Alcoholic beverage is so cheap in the country and one of mate once said "more you drink more you save"!!!

Thank you.
Self-monitoring until 7th day from arrival. So totally rely on self-discipline of the individual because there is no way the authority can observe it. And there is no test to confirm anything.

S-Pass is probably still necessary to travel to restricted area.
I guess so - I got a rash (seems to fit the skin bends) after 2 drinks one night (happy hour) and said no more alcohol until the diving is done

Hope HK opens up soon, a lot of my friends there are have resigned to eating the 7d quarantine vs waiting any longer

nautilus lifeline
Does the boat driver also have the corresponding other half of the radio?

I've never seen them used in the Philippines

Does the boat driver also have the corresponding other half of the radio?

I've never seen them used in the Philippines
Asia Divers might have.
I have noticed some other operators also have radio contact with the dive boat.
Most divers that I had met did not even carry an SMB. So what is the chance of meeting one who is so safety conscientious? I had met one before(Palau LoB) and he even carried water and high energy bar.

Hope HK opens up soon, a lot of my friends there are have resigned to eating the 7d quarantine vs waiting any longer
You can plan the 7 days quarantine but you cannot plan the utter stupid "flight suspension" ahead. You could easily find yourself stranded for 5 days( shorten already) overseas.
Who ever suggested such a idiotic plan should be flogged in public.
Who ever agreed to implement such a plan should be eliminated from the surface of the earth!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom