advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunundrum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys,

I just got a good deal on a Ikelite 20D housing, and so I bought it.

now I have housing, but no ports, or strobes.

I have a Sigma 18-200mm lenses but this will probably be overkill. but I could technically use it at 18mm

I was thinking a wide angle Sigma 10-20mm or 8-16mm

what port for this lenses ?

what about strobes... I'm a little out of my element here.

can any one help ?

Congrats for your buy.
Depending where you dive you will need:
one 60/105mm Macro and te corresponding Ikelite flat port
one 10mm or 11-16 mm fisheye or wide angle lens and the corresponding Ikelite 6'' or 8'' dome port.

Most of us use the Tokina 11-16mm wide angle for quality/price reasons while for the macro lense there are various options (Canon, Sigma,Tokina).
I would suggest the 60mm macro as it's more easy to use then the 105mm tele macro.

As you have a Ikelite housing and i guess that it won't let the camera open the camera's strobe you are limitated to a electrically triggered strobe. Your housing should have a i-ttl converter built in, so the Ikelite DS-125/160/161/200 series strobes will work fine with the D20. Budget alowing you should consider 2 strobes as the will illuminate better at macro and have some extra power for wide angle.

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom