advice needed on pony bottle mounting please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll be looking forward to it.
my dive buddy is supervisor of a tool and die shop and is going to be making us pony brackest (tamers) out of aluminum

I would rig it as a stage aswell.

- You can turn the tank valve off and on easily. (Hose presurised, tank off)
- You can dich it.
- You can hand it off.
- The reg can be nicely secured.
- Its adaptable to more advanced diveing.
- Its extrodinatly easy to manipulate.
- Its easily identifiable to a complete stranger.

"Ok, buddy... the yellow one is my octo, and the green one is my pony". Try that at 60 feet in dark water while your out of air, not that it truly matters which you grab.. its still an extra step.

All said, your likely better off diveing doubles with an isolated manafold if your looking for more redundancy than your buddy.

Originally posted by Rooster1
I recently bought a 30cf pony. now I have discussed with my dive buddy the possible ways of mounting it. I am not sure of it is better to be mounted directly on top of my aluminum super 80 or on the side. If I mounted on top I think there may be to much drag and If I mounted to the side do I have to put a weight on the othere side of the aluminum 80 tank to balance the weight so I don't roll over? Please help never done this set up before.:rolleyes:

Hi,

You should not carry a pony bottle on the back of your tank at all.
If you think you need a pony bottle you should be diving doubles to begin with. A 30 cft tank is very suitable as a stagebottle as mentioned by others.

hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom