Advice, hose routing for mirrored left and right second stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to the OPs question, why not go with two long hoses with a Lh reg on the left and a rh reg on the right? Have them go direct to to your mouth (nothing behind the neck) and always donate from the mouth. Excess hose gets tucked away and the unused reg get clipped to either the left or right d ring. Could even put them both on breakaway necklaces if you prefer. Seems like it would be streamlined, no dangling hoses, easy to remember which reg is which (left reg is left, right reg is right) and easy to coach buddies on donate from the mouth. What am I missing about this config that makes it suboptimal?

That’s what I’ve been using for a couple of months now. I’m very happy with it.

in a true sidemount restriction it adds the increased risk of the regulator getting pulled out of your mouth *real concern*, and it also adds to the weight in your mouth. I can't dive like that with TMJ so I have to have all reg hoses behind my neck to alleviate that issue. In an OW environment it doesn't matter, but in an OW environment, why bother with two long hoses?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom