Advice for would-be bug hunters ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cabio

Registered
Reaction score
Last year we vacationed in the Vero Beach area during the mini-season. My teenage son and I tried our luck diving from the beach at Pepper Park in Fort-Pierce.

We struck out on both days not even seing a lobster!

This year we'll be heading to Fort-Lauderdale.

So considering the year-long jokes we have had to endure from the rest of our family we are desperate to salvage our pride this year.

Considrering we only have a small inflatable boat with electric motor, do we forget about going out on our own without local knowledge, and instead go with a group?

If so, do you have any suggestions ?

If on our own, any sites you would recommend ?
(I don't expect anyone revealing local secrets here, but just some suggestions of an easy to reach and dive area, where we might stand a chance to catch some lobsters.)

Anyone tried the Florida Lobster Challenge, would that be a good idea?

Thanks

Come with us: www.splashdowndivers.com

Last year, we went up and dove the park in Ft. Pierce at midnight. We limited out in an hour and a half. It would have been faster, but we only had 3 foot viz.
The next day, I came to Splashdown as a customer. We got a dozen in 2 dives. Not a record breaker, but a fun experience. This year, I may be crew. If not, you are both welcome to dive with me :wink:

Trust ME!
Kevins got them all in his fridge!
Just bring the butter!
Brad
P.S.
Yes to Splashdown!
The whole gang rocks! well time to get back to the 41 degree water,Man we got some great Wrecks in the Great lakes! soon it will be time to get back down to Florida to dive with Capt.Lynn and the crew=Soon !

Divesherpa:
Come with us: www.splashdowndivers.com

Last year, we went up and dove the park in Ft. Pierce at midnight. We limited out in an hour and a half. It would have been faster, but we only had 3 foot viz.
The next day, I came to Splashdown as a customer. We got a dozen in 2 dives. Not a record breaker, but a fun experience. This year, I may be crew. If not, you are both welcome to dive with me :wink:

Thanks for the info and the invitation, I forgot to mention that our choices could be limited by the fact that we are both only OW.

We'll check "splashdowndivers" out, and we might be getting AOW while on vacation.

Thanks again, will give you update when plans are finalized.

[that our choices could be limited by the fact that we are both only OW.

We'll check "splashdowndivers" out, and we might be getting AOW while on vacation.

]

Hey,
"Splashdown" can take you on some GREAT Drift,Reef dives,And they will make sure your have a fun,Safe Dive all within your OW skills,=But call ahead so they can make plans for you,like a Guide,DM,Instructor=They can make it the best dive of your life!
I drive 1800 Miles + to dive with them, I have dove several Boats North PalmBeach and they were ok,Packed and well ok,Then did some of the boats In BoyntonBeach,South PalmBeach area and Wam Splashdown was the dive boat I compare all others too! The staff,all the folks are fun!
Brad
this is a unpaid notice=I dont even get a free FILL!~! :11:

what time of year does this actually take place? this could be a fun road trip!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom