Advice for New Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helen67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I'm looking to get a new wetsuit. I do love my Mares Trilastic 5-4-3 but it's hard to get out of.

What's important to me is warmth and ease of getting in and out of the wetsuit. I was looking at the new Henderson H2 Titanium Hyperstretch but I'm not sure how warm it really is. We dive the Carribean and minimum for me is a 5mm thermoprene or its equivalent. My price point is no more than $500 and would like something of good quality.

If I do end up with the Henderson, should I go to a 7mm?

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!!!

Hey helen67. I do the majority of my diving in Massachusetts. I dive right through the end of October, when the water temperature is right around 51 or 52 degrees. I wear the Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm, and and plenty comfortable. Its a great fit and easy to get in and out of. I would think you would be fine in Caribbean with a 5mm. IMHO you won't be disappointed!

Happy diving

You may want to check out the Pinnacle line. They are very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. We just got some merino-lined suits in and should have them up on our store site by tomorrow. The merino not only makes it easy to get in and out of but adds a lot of warmth. I know divers that have gotten thinner suits because of the merino and feel warmer than they did in the thicker non-merino suits.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've researched both wetsuits and both seem pretty good. The other one I was contemplating is the Mares Isotherm 6.5mm wetsuit. Is there a big difference going from a 5-4-3mm wetsuit to a 7mm? Water temp in Feb is about 78 degrees but we do about 4 dives a day and I like to be warm:) Just don't want overkill. The 5-4-3 is ok for Nov when temps are around 82.

Again, thanks! Also, I checked out your website the other day but I'll check again.

I have a Scubapro Everflex (5mm). They come in various thicknesses and temp grading (warm to cooler). They seal very well, are easy to get in & out of. I look at the Trilastic but went with the Everflex, I am not sorry about my choice.

Hope this helps.

If you are looking for warmth, ease of getting in and out of it and quality, you should look into Wetwear. Their EZ on Atlantis is awesome. It has zippers from the wrist up to the Bicep and from the ankle up to the top of the thigh. They also use nitrogen neoprene which is top of the line stuff.

I checked out that company, Wetwear, and it looks pretty good! I'm going to call to get more information but I definately liked what I read:)

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom