Advice for a drysuit newbie? (I took your advice and got the Whites Fusion!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0. Did you, or any other person reading this post, notice that a weight adjustment was needed?....I think Santa needs to stop by my house, I'm being reeeeally good!! Debbie

Hi Debbie,
Did Santa stop by with a drysuit? I adjusted my weights on my first dive with the suit and have been fiddling with them a bit, but it is fairly close to what I was diving w my 7mm semidry (w a 7mm step in hooded vest).

Worth playing with when your toes aren't freezing off! Santa brought me a camera and I'm starting to fantasize about ice diving so I can try it out. I may have lost my mind. :)

Did you see that Whites has come out w/ a women's cut now? I assume the torso is a little shorter -- I'm long torso/short legged for a woman and I find that my lycra suit is a little long in the torso. But no real complaint since it fits beautifully everywhere else and since I've installed a p-valve the extra room is needed. :p.

Take care,
Christine

Take off your rings and earrings so that you don't tear your seals.
KY jelly works for lubricating latex seals. Ask and see if its safe to use on silicone. I believe it should be.

Take off your rings and earrings so that you don't tear your seals.
KY jelly works for lubricating latex seals. Ask and see if its safe to use on silicone. I believe it should be.

Thanks Dr Tracy,
Would you believe that KY contains enough corn derivatives/proteins to be a problem for me! I've been told that the only issue w the liquid silicone is that it is bad for glue. Since I'm using the SiTech cuffs w silicone seals, so at least it has a little farther to travel befor it gets to the glue. I'm using it sparingly and washing my seals after each trip. For now its ok.

The only time my medical alert bracelet comes off is for the drysuit -- good point! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom