Advice - DiveRite TPH or FredT w/ Oxycheq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL - Patrick's da man ... and I'll bet you spoke to him for more than a few minutes ... :D

Oxycheq is really nice gear ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
LOL - Patrick's da man ... and I'll bet you spoke to him for more than a few minutes ... :D

Oxycheq is really nice gear ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

funny you should mention that - i think the conversation went on for about 45 minutes or so! :) he's a cool guy, no doubt. most definitely takes pride in his products, and answered all sorts of questions without any sign of impatience. I'm looking forward to my new gear! time to stop shopping and start diving.

ChickenBone:
3. (This may be of interest to people shopping for a rig!) As of about Sept. 10, Oxycheq will have a harness very similar to that of the Transplate Harness. Kind of an evolution of the A pac, but for a plate. It is primarily for those of us who do not prefer continous webbing, one-piece rigs. I've been assured it will be even better than the TransPlate Harness. (of course that was from a company rep. so i'm sure he'd be a little biased :) Also, they are introducing an aluminum plate as well.
The cat's out of the bag! I'll post pics of the A-Harness in a few days closer to the release (they're commericial-in-confidence at the moment). Word is that they can be retrofitted to O-Pacs as well (as well as any other "standard" design backplate with webbing slots). They won't be DIR, but for folks that like easy adjustment, or for instructors wanting to kit out students in backplates and wings without dealing with the hassles of resizing webbing for each student, they will be great.

The aluminium backplates will be black anodised and available around the same date. Bundle it up with an 18lb wing and a soft STA, and you should have an entire hogarthian travel rig around 6 pounds or less total weight (will have to weight to confirm once they're in stock). The heaviest component will probably be the webbing and D-rings.

Back
Top Bottom