Advice - BC purchase

What manufacturer's BC (jacket or rear-inflate) should I buy?

• Aqualung

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Bare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mares

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Scubapro

• Tusa

• Zeagle

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Get a BP/w

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crush

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

What kink of BC do you think that I should purchase? I am thinking of a back-inflate, but might consider a jacket-style. I'd like to know which manufacturer you would recommend.

Not enough info. What kind of diving do you do, plan to do, want to do? Warm water, cold, or a combination. Do you see yourself doing any type of advanced training? What kind of exposure suit will be used most often?

Of course you're going to get a lot of hits on the BP/W combo, but describe more about the diving you do and want to do.

It would be for a new diver.

Canada, cold water diving, back inflate.

Spend a little more initially and look into an SS BP with a wing like Oxycheq. Check SCUBAToys and DeepSea Supply for ideas. Also the DiveRite website.

Sherwood, Genesis, Oceanic, Aeris, Hollis.

Only purchase manufacturers that have a MAP pricing agreement with their dealers not MARP.

So warm or cold water? Travel to vacation dive or local diving only, or both? Wetsuit or drysuit or no suit? Male or Female? Large person or small? New diver with aspirations to go forward with more training or just an occasional diver? Do they like to collect things or just sight see? any interest in eventually going into advanced or tech? Do they care what other people think of their gear?

There is no one right answer with so little information, but I bet you know that already.

On the not so bp/w, you could go with the ScubaPro Knighthawk, which is a back inflate, but not a true wing. It is great when diving a drysuit. Easy off when out of water also. Another option is the SP Glide. It is a marriage between the jacket style and the back inflate. It happens to be the one that I use, so it is the best:rofl3:

It really will depend on the amount of money you want to spend, the type of diving you are doing and ultimately will be doing. How many evolutions of gear do you want to go through? Only you can decide. Good luck.

It would be for warm water diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom