Adventures in finding a mask that doesn't leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's just happened that the one(s) that seem to work are black. Oh, wait, one of the Hog backup masks has some blue trim.

I don't tend to go in for cutesy crap. The current thread about which color was best for gear just make me want to stick a fork in my eye. I felt like I lost some brain cells even reading the first few posts.

Well, an update to keep Sam entertained while he has his morning coffee. :D

I've been doing a lot of dives lately. Our local quarry opened April 1 and I've been diving every weekend except Easter weekend. That includes 8 dives over the past two weekends. I'm back to using the Cressi mask. I've gotten used to the extra light the side windows let in and I didn't like the closed in feel with the Hollis mask. Starting last weekend, I would essentially suction cup the mask to my face before descending - push it into my face to create a better seal. I'll occasionally push it into my face while descending and equalizing. Well, wouldn't you know, that seems to have done the trick! I did 3 dives this weekend with NO water in my mask at all. No water in my mask for most of the dives last weekend, too.

It is SO nice not to have to be continually clearing my mask. A "dry" dive. OMG, I didn't think it was possible!:eek::rain:

I've never heard of pushing it into your face for a better seal. But if it works perfectly great. I had given up following the thread its been so long. Congrats!

Finally !

The SCUBA Board community , the Chicago area dive shops and the world's dive mask manufactures and even I can relax -

MARIE 13 has a Mask that fits !

Sorry I missed the post earlier today - if I had read of your achievement earlier it would have made this bright sunny warm California mundane day even brighter and warmer and my hot chocolate taste even better
( I do not drink coffee--

Eagerly looking forward to the continuing diving adventures of Marie 13

SAM

I've never heard of pushing it into your face for a better seal. But if it works perfectly great. I had given up following the thread its been so long. Congrats!

I have no idea why it occurred to me to try pushing it into my face. But it works! A dive without having to deal with clearing my mask felt very, very odd!

I have no idea why it occurred to me to try pushing it into my face. But it works! A dive without having to deal with clearing my mask felt very, very odd!

I know it was suggested earlier to loosen the mask strap, but given the recent new information (pushing mask) might you try tightening the straps? Or is a temporary sort of mask push-in?

My current mask fits like a dream and I typically get leakage when it's been too long since I'd shaved. It's a great feeling for sure finding the right mask (or mask technique!)

I know it was suggested earlier to loosen the mask strap, but given the recent new information (pushing mask) might you try tightening the straps? Or is a temporary sort of mask push-in?

My current mask fits like a dream and I typically get leakage when it's been too long since I'd shaved. It's a great feeling for sure finding the right mask (or mask technique!)

Believe me, I tried every everything possible. Pushing it into my face, plus a slap strap, are the winning combo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom