Advanced Wreck Diving class w/ John Chatterton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
July 20-July 23, I had the opportunity to take the TDI Advanced Wreck Divers class from the dive legend, John Chatterton in Milwaukee WI. I had high expectations for this class, and I have to say, they was far exceeded. We had one day of classroom work, where we not only learned the diving techniques to be used, but was also entertained by his stories and diving experiences for the past 40-50 years. A lot of people told me I was wasting my money and time on this class, because I am already full cave certified, and wreck diver certified, but I do not think a dime was wasted, this class was worth every penny.

All dives were from the Molly V (Captain Jitka and Ship Wreck Explorers).

I also must throw out a thank you to Howard E for helping out with the class. This is one class I wish never ended.

Is there a schedule for those classes somewhere? I am errrrr.... underfinanced, but I would definately start following that schedule looking for an opportunity.

Is there a schedule for those classes somewhere? I am errrrr.... underfinanced, but I would definately start following that schedule looking for an opportunity.

We are going to host John Chatterton in the same Advanced Wreck Diving class here in South Florida beginning Sept. 14th. Give our Pompano Beach Store a call for more information. Just follow the link to get the phone number.

Bob,

Unfortunately, I only get to teach a few classes each year, and it is always a lot of fun for me and hopefully the students. Thanks for the nice feedback. Without exception, all of you guys did a great job. It was a real pleasure working with Jitka on the Molly V, and Howard was a huge asset, as usual. I have not been up to the Lakes in a few years, so it was a lot of fun for me to go diving in water colder than like 80 degrees. I got to dive my new Fusion!!! :)

I feel underfinanced, too. All the time. :(

Cheers

JC

What kind of dives did you do? No need to give away all the secrets and drills, but just wondering what the dives involved. This is a class I wouldn't mind taking at some point either. I'd love to head down in September, but I'm booked those dates already so it will have to wait.

We are going to host John Chatterton in the same Advanced Wreck Diving class here in South Florida beginning Sept. 14th. Give our Pompano Beach Store a call for more information. Just follow the link to get the phone number.

Would cavern be an acceptable substitute for the basic wreck cert requirement?

Back
Top Bottom