Advanced Open Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are just finishing our AOW (with ACUC) here in Italy. We've rented or borrowed all this equipment during the course in Liguria. This has been good for us since we're still a bit clueless about what to buy, and renting gives us a good chance to form opinions about what we like. With ACUC, we have to complete 20 dives before we receive the AOW cert. Should do that next month on a liveaboard in the Maldives :) , then we can think about new gear.

cheers
Fraser

As stated prior, you should have all of this equipment for your class. I would recommend a SMB, Surface Marker Buoy, that you can launch at depth. As part of the AOW class I teach, I show my students how to shoot bags/SMBs. This is a very useful skill when ocean diving. Or in my case Great Lakes diving. I would also recommend wet notes over a slate. Have fun with your course.

• Number of dives: Five dives
  • Adventure Dive options include altitude diving, AWARE-fish identification, boat diving, deep diving, diver propulsion vehicle use, drift diving, dry suit diving, multilevel and computer diving, night diving, peak performance buoyancy, search and recovery, underwater nature study, underwater navigation, underwater photography, underwater videography and wreck diving
  • Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course
  • Materials: Adventures in Diving Crew-Pak, Adventures in Diving manual and video and logbook-PADI.com
This is from the website. But remember whatever dives are selected for that AOW class you need to have the required materials. Perfect example is the night dive of course you must have a light. You really could borrow the required items on the list but you should be diving with them anyway. IMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom