Advance Open Water Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on time etc then you could get away with 30% at 40m whilst keeping PPO2 below 1.6. (Ive even seen 32% used fairly regulary where time at 40m is at a minimum).

But if sticking to a hard fast 1.4 rule then its EAN28 which doesnt offer that much of a difference from normal air. You could however still use it to get the 2 courses in on one dive.

BarryNL:
I guess it's possible, but the PADI Nitrox course only covers 32% and 36% mixes so it would take a bit of "customisation" by the school.
Did they change it? My PADI Nitrox class (2000, I think) wasn't limited to 32 & 36.

My NAUI nitrox class covered everything up to 40% nitrox. Others may place a strong emphasis on 32% and 36% because those are the two most common, but those who are nitrox certified should know how to calculate MOD, PO2, and EAD. Those who don't know, should not be breathing nitrox.

Damselfish:
Did they change it? My PADI Nitrox class (2000, I think) wasn't limited to 32 & 36.
The PADI Discover Nitrox is EAN32 down to basically air, with heavy emphasis on EAN32 -- depth limits, mostly. The "full" (and I use that term loosely) PADI Nitrox class covers to EAN40 with heavy emphasis on their EAN32 and EAN36 tables, plus conversions using the EAD table.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom