Adobe CS2 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used both Corel and CS3. DOn't think I would recommend Corel for photo editing. Elements, CS3 and Lightroom work pretty well. The upgrades are relatively inexpensive.

I had to purchase the full Creative Suite for a project I am working on. I would really stay away from the full suite, if at all possible. The install is full of bugs, and up-dates are on the order of 300-400 mg and have the wonderful non-documented option of resetting many setings to original default settings. Individually the products are great, bundled they are no so hot.

Dan

LOL....
tried & here comes the output :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

This should have worked - Elements 4.0 users are doing it like this. DNG is meant to be universal across Adobe products. :confused:

They may not be able to future proof products, but they could make things backward compatible, and it would be rather easy I think. They would just have to release new camera models for maybe the entire CS line. I seriously doubt this would cost Adobe much, but they are looking for profit, not support. I'm sure the marketing folks feel that this is in OUR best interest by forcing people to spend money to stay current with Adobe!

Adobe is hardly the only software company doing this.

PS3 update is a whopping $199 unless you own a hacked copy which you couldn't upgrade. You must have spent at least a grand for the camera, housing, some SD or CF cards, etc... If you want to be able to print some professional grade prints, you need to bite the bullet and upgrade.
I also recommend Lightroom - Didn't think I needed it before I got it and now I'm not sure how I could work without it. Try the LR2 beta - it's free until it's released then I believe you get a discounted price. Worth every penny.
One last thought.. does the G9 come with a "solutions" disk?? You should be able to install DPP and do your raw processing there, then transfer to PS or batch convert to tiff, dng, etc.

This should have worked - Elements 4.0 users are doing it like this. DNG is meant to be universal across Adobe products. :confused:
tried with several shots - same outcome. BTW: ver.3.7, which Adobe claims supports CR2.:mooner:

I think you're going to have to use the latest Adobe DNG converter from the version of Adobe Camera Raw that supports your camera.

I just downloaded v4.4.1 ACR and used the DNG converter in there to convert a RAW (not a G9 RAW) file to DNG and it opened up fine in CS2. I don't have access to a G9 RAW file to try this with, but it should work.

Dale

Edit: I found a G9 CR2 file on the web and tried it. Worked fine. Converted with the v4.4.1 DNG converter and opened up in CS2 with ACR 3.7

I think you're going to have to use the latest Adobe DNG converter from the version of Adobe Camera Raw that supports your camera.

I just downloaded v4.4.1 ACR and used the DNG converter in there to convert a RAW (not a G9 RAW) file to DNG and it opened up fine in CS2. I don't have access to a G9 RAW file to try this with, but it should work.

Dale

Edit: I found a G9 CR2 file on the web and tried it. Worked fine. Converted with the v4.4.1 DNG converter and opened up in CS2 with ACR 3.7
thanks SOOOO much you saved me some $$$$:lotsalove:
I guess the problem was I was trying with Ver.3.7 DNG converter
really thanks.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom