Adjusting reg by submerging how precise ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couvs brother once posted a pic for me which was basically a piece on clear tubing doubled up and zip tied to a ruler. Stick one end in your mouth with the reg and suck.

Both of my magnahelics were under $15. I have one set up for inches of water and the other is in millibars.

Jim, good price on those. The Dwyer gauge I was looking at retails at about 60.00 but saw many on e-bay ranging from
20 to 40 dollars. Some of these indicate new on e-bay but maybe opened or returned boxes. For the extra money may just
go new.

---------- Post added December 11th, 2012 at 12:59 PM ----------

Couvs brother once posted a pic for me which was basically a piece on clear tubing doubled up and zip tied to a ruler. Stick one end in your mouth with the reg and suck.

Yep, I saw that pic of the homemade set-up for checking vacuum. Definitely looks like it would do the job.
Have not ruled that out yet. But if I come across a really reasonable magnehelic might be a little
less fuss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom