Adios Texas, Hello Bay Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, we finally got a multitude of things out of the way and are on the go again. Wife and I leave Wednesday for the Bay Isalnds. Plan to be there 6 weeks, unless we get bored and come home..Right! We're going to be on Utila for the most part with mini trips to Roatan and Cayos Cochinos. We'll be on the net just about every day and will try to stay in touch in this thread.

Gotta get back to packing now.

Regards,

Hi Cubabait
Hope you and your wife have lots of fun. Looking forward to seeing lots of pics and reading up on your travels. Boredom is not an option.

Reesa

Have you considered adopting lately, pick me, pick me. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Daaaaang, how cool is that! I can't even try to act nonchalant about someone geting to spend 6 weeks in the Bay Islands.

As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "Luckeee!"

Foo

You lucky bugger! Have a great time! :dazzler1:

Must be nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HAVE FUN and be safe and stay wet!

Cudabait:
Well, we finally got a multitude of things out of the way and are on the go again. Wife and I leave Wednesday for the Bay Isalnds. Plan to be there 6 weeks, unless we get bored and come home..Right! We're going to be on Utila for the most part with mini trips to Roatan and Cayos Cochinos. We'll be on the net just about every day and will try to stay in touch in this thread.

Gotta get back to packing now.

Regards,

We've been here since the 2nd. Not bored yet! We have been diving with Deep Blue Divers and Ecomarine. Both operators have produced about all one can expect and more. We have seen everything from nudibranchs to whale sharks since arriving. Yesterday we did one afternoon dive with Ecomarine it was a great dive on the south side. While off gassing, we found two whale sharks and four large mantas near a sea mount call Black Hill. We were having so much fun with the big stuff we didn't have time to do the 2nd dive before it got too dark. This morning we were back out again with Ecomarine. We did a fantastic dive on the north side at Maze West, a dramatic site with reefs dropping off to sand at around 130 feet. Site has some caves and swim throughs. Reef condtion was excellent and fish abundant. We saw two more wale sharks while doing our surface interval. 2nd dive was at airport caves. Very comfortable dive on the south side. Large barracuda, snapper, large hogfish, grouper and much much more were there to greet us.

I will try to get back on here periodically to make a post about our diving. We may have a front come thru here tonight. We'll see. Sometimes we dive four, maybe five dives a day. Then again we may not go for a couple of days. Yea, I'm pretty chilled out along about now.

PS...brougt a guitar with me. Ended up in a wild jam at the bar at Utila Lodge last night. Seems some other pickers and singers had the same idea.

Regards,

Aahhh....a Bay Islands fix....thanks! You dog! All those Whale Sharks and Mantas. Can you please tell them to stick around until May? :D Don't suppose you got any pictures?!?!

Is Black Hill on the south side? Wonder if we could do it and the airport caves from CCV?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom