Adequate safety precautions? My 9-ft deep dives to open a dam mud gate, Sept 12, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave I've done a thing or two where I came out and said to myself "I'm lucky to be alive".

Risks are risks and commercial or not, divers do die. I've read many stories of professional divers that get trapped and don't make it out of a submerged car.

Good you made it.

As for me ? I'd just open the gate and end up getting sucked through it getting out and go back through again and encourage others to give it a try; I'm sure some of my past buddies would agree.:D

Actually someone on another SCUBA forum posted a story of getting sucked through a dam and not realizing the danger involved until afterwards.

Last edited:
As for me ? I'd just open the gate and end up getting sucked through it getting out and go back through again and encourage others to give it a try; I'm sure some of my past buddies would agree.:D

Funny! :rofl3:

Just a minute.... I've got to Google Hunter Thompson to come up with a clever reply.... Darn, couldn't find anything clever....

Wait, maybe Gonzo Diving.... :wink:

Dave C

My poor wife!!!! Here I am infused in our thread ''yesing her to death'' this morning. Great thread. Like said..That outflow looks SCARY. Thats for all the info. Stay Safe....Stick Around :wink:

My poor wife!!!! Here I am infused in our thread ''yesing her to death'' this morning. Great thread. Like said..That outflow looks SCARY. Thats for all the info. Stay Safe....Stick Around :wink:

Holy Moley! Where IS my wife!? :confused: What DAY is it!? Look at this mess! :wink:

Dave C

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom