additional weights for a adding a hooded vest ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bero

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I wanted to ask for some opinions. Appreciate all the help :D

I have a bare elastek 5mm jumpsuit and now I'm considering getting the 7mm hooded vest that goes with it.
I am wondering how much more weight should I add because of the vest now? Normally I carry 7-8 kg.

Thanks!!

Maybe 0.5kg depending on how effective you buoyancy currently is. I would first give a test without adding anything. Generally even good divers are overweight by a couple of grams, some less experienced even a couple of kilos.

Maybe 0.5kg depending on how effective you buoyancy currently is. I would first give a test without adding anything. Generally even good divers are overweight by a couple of grams, some less experienced even a couple of kilos.

Only 0.5? I was thinking at least 2kg extra as it is a 7mm vest. Thanks! I'll have to try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom