Adding a compass to console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all, i received some hand me down scuba gear. I have my spg and depth, but no compass. any ideas on any add-ons so i can throw a compass on there? i dont want a wrist mount because of my computer

You can buy a console boot without gauges, but I don't know if you can find one to accommodate your gauges.

XS Scuba Navigator Console Boot

I used a wrist strap to secure a compass to the back of a two-gauge console for a while.

there are hose mounts for this that are independent of the console, or (yes, you said no to wrist mount, but...) there is always the other arm.....

My compass sits on the top of my left hand and does not obstruct the computer at all.

Otherwise the hose mount appears to be the next logical solution.

Compass on left hand for navigation. Computer on right hand, so you can read it when you are venting your wing with your left hand. Makes sense doesn't it?

Best compass and mount on the market.
SK7 Bungee Mount & Sunnto Compass w/ 3 feet of 3/16 Black Bungee Cord!

Alas there are cheaper and lesser quality options.
Compass Bungee DSS Mount Combo Kit w/ 3 feet of 3/16 Black Bungee Cord

Would your computer fit in one of these mounts?
Bungee Mounts

I often use a compass on a retracter that can clip on any available D-ring, and find that it is very convenient.
DivemasterDennis

I started with a retractor compass. Never could hold a heading easily, so I switched to an SK7 mounted on my wrist. Not only did my navigation improve, but so did my danglies.

I cut the end of a shoulder strap from a luggage bag and AquaSeal'ed a compass to it. The strap has a clip that I attach to my wrist computer lanyard. CIMG0023.jpgCIMG0025.jpg Works great. Stays out of the way until I flip it into my hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom