Addicted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After all these years I still get excited about packing my gear in the back of the truck and getting out for a dive. My problem is balancing all my hobbies. My love of Harley's, ATVs, hunting, having a few wobbley pops with the buds and spending time with my family (in no particular order :wink:) takes it's toll on how many times I get to go out. As the kids get older, time is just starting to open up for more diving.

Have fun and safe diving!

Cheers,

I have been diving for several years now
and don't feel this addiction, not the least bit.

Hell, I've got buddies that dive
at least a few times a week. (The lucky Ones)

Some of them for over 10 years now and
neither them or myself is addicted at all.

Well, enough about that.
I Gotta go to get my tanks filled.
C-Ya

Welcome to the insanity. I have been diving for 30 years, and I still get excited. Either working with students, doing underwater photography with my wife, or just diving with friends. It has never gotten old for me.

It's been two years, and I still spend way too much time talking about diving, on line and in person, and not enough time actually DIVING (though I average more than two a week).

LOL I think I'm driving some of my friends a bit nuts talking about scuba too much :p lol :rofl3:

I have the same thing going on...people are getting tired of hearing about my hubby and I's weekend diving adventures! I just feel bad for them because they don't know any better. :14:

Addicted to diving I don't understand it at all. I can stop anytime I want to. I can stop reading my diving magazines, stop going online to SB and other places. I can stop planning my dive trips. I can stop buying dive gear. It's just that I don't want to. :D

Yes, you are a diving addict. As someone previously mentioned on this thread, some folks become divers to say "yeah, I did that" and then there are the rest of us (welcome aboard) who eat, sleep and dream of diving and watch our savings accounts drain away. I'm going to Cozumel on Jan. 25 for eight days...but in my mind, I am already there. The rest of my body is just working to make the money to pay for it.

I would have to agree with most everyone here. I have been diving for almost two years and love it still to this day. Not everything excites me like it used to, but something always does. Up until recently I didn't do any underwater photography. Now, I cant stop. I love finding new things to take pictures of. I just got back from Belize and had never seen, let alone dive with half of the creatures that I saw. The turtles and spotted eagle rays were by far the best. Anyways, you will always have something about diving that excites you. It may change a bit, but you will always get excited.
Nicole

THat's all great to hear guys and gals! :D

Oh.....and Of course you can stop whenever you want to.....suuuuurree! :wink: :wink: hehe

Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you. I have a baby that's almost two as well as an eight year old and my wife doesn't dive. It is kind of hard to get away. The good part is that I only live two hours away from Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom