add ons to mask for better vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878. I like my Atomic with "readers" so much I had them make me a second one as a back up. I've had the primary for 5 years, and no issues at all with it. I lost too many sets of those "(Almost) self-adhesive lens that the custom mask has paid for itself. Plus you get to use the mask that fits you best, not just a mask that custom lenses fit into.

Are the lense from this company inserts, or the prescription is part of the dive lens like the Seavision masks?

They are glued on to the inside of the lens of your existing mask.

I'm another Prescription Dive Masks satisfied customer. Every time I get a new prescription, I mail it to them along with a new Atomic Sub-Frame mask. Then my new mask becomes my primary and my old mask is kept as a backup. I've worn bifocals longer than I like to think about, and these masks are just like wearing my glasses under water.

The folks at PDM are easy to deal with and have always returned my mask to me by their promised delivery date, usually about two weeks.

A prescription dive mask makes for an expensive piece of dive gear but its worth every penny.

Reactions: Jax
They are glued on to the inside of the lens of your existing mask.

I had my mask done (w/bifocal) here in SoCal and it appears that the bifocal lenses are glued in and now I would like to remove them and stick with the normal prescription mask. Does anybody have experience removing these type of bifocal lenses? I called my LDS and they said I need to take it in there so they can send it to the Lens Maker which is a MAJOR hassle for me.

If it is in fact "glued" onto the primary lens which it appears to be, I am tempted to use a razor blade to remove them and then use Soft Scrub to clean it up.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Personally I just use contacts. No need for taking "things" on and off between dives, other than shades :)
I did consider a prescription mask, but if I lose it, itll be expensive to replace so I just stick with my contacts. Also the rx change a bit over the years, which means it should be adjusted for that as well every couple of years anyways.

While I was in Florida in May, I made the mistake of wandering around Jim Wyatt's store and trying on masks . . . and I found a Dive Rite 125 mask with ground-in bifocals. This was the first "gauge reader" type mask I ever tried where the lenses were in the right place for me to read my gauges . . . and I LOVE the fact that I don't have a thick line across my mask that's going to show up in every photograph anyone takes of me. I'm EXTREMELY happy with this mask, and although it wasn't cheap, it was cheaper than a standard mask and custom lenses.

Any one have experiance with the Tilos Hawk Eyes masks sold by Seavenger? They are selling bifocal masks for $65. ScubaLab test didn't really bad mouth or praise it.

As I get older, my eyes get worse. I have reading glasses now, and I find that when I dive I have a hard time reading my gauges. There is a product called Aqua DiveOptx Flexible Mask Magnifiers and I was wondering if anyone has any experience using them. I have heard they will come off the mask, but others say that is because they were not installed correctly. Those that have them work swear by them. Does anyone on this forum have experience with them? Or other suggestions, besides getting corrective lenses installed?

Note, the same company sells the exact same product under the name OpTx 20/20 in Walgreens, etc for $9.99. (For some reason adding the word "Dive" to any product name seems to jack the price up 300-400%.)

I used them in my Atomic Aquatics mask for more than 200 dives all over the world and never had them fall out, move, etc.

Finally switched to contact lenses, since the magnifiers in my scuba mask didn't help me read the cycling computer mounted on the handlebars of my bike!

:d

Note, the same company sells the exact same product under the name OpTx 20/20 in Walgreens, etc for $9.99. (For some reason adding the word "Dive" to any product name seems to jack the price up 300-400%.)

I used them in my Atomic Aquatics mask for more than 200 dives all over the world and never had them fall out, move, etc.

Finally switched to contact lenses, since the magnifiers in my scuba mask didn't help me read the cycling computer mounted on the handlebars of my bike!

:d

I've actually looked for them, and they seem to not be around. On the manufacturer's website, they mention that they are moving their manufacturing so that they are currently out of stock. Have you seen them start to be available again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom