Suggestion Add heart emoji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t know what you’re posting from (smartphone, computer), but I can use the emojis on my iPhone and they do show up (unlike other forums).

I mean in here:

IMG_2578.png

Sometimes a heart is needed as a response not just a like, particularly when in the passings forum.
We added the Sadness reaction with the Passings forum in mind. :sadness:

Here is a link to that suggestion:
Solved: Can you add a frown/unhappy face option to “like”

The Heart Reaction icon is in the original xenForo and is labeled Love, meaning you really like something. We thought it was confusing and added Bullseye and Brilliant in its place.
:bullseye::brilliant:

Not as important, but It would also be nice if the thanks emoji wasn't so cheesy.
:thanks: For reference, here is the current Thanks Reaction Icon
Agreed, but we couldn't find one we liked better at the time. All the icons we use are either purchased for a small fee or free. I did find an icon exactly like the one we have but in blue instead of yellow but nobody thought it was much of an improvement.

We can easily replace it if you or anther member can find a better one. Unfortunately, graphics arts in not one of the skillsets among our talented volunteer staff and no member has volunteered to work on graphic arts project so far. :poke:

Just to keep the nomenclature straight...​

These are "Smilies" (not smiles)

1688312685083.png

Starting with the "People" heading in the Smilies menu are the newly supported "Emojis" in the latest major release of xenForo (the software ScubaBoard runs on):

1688313072789.png

All Emojis supported by smart phones and personal computer operating systems like MacOS and Windows don't always display correctly across all devices viewing ScubaBoard, even though they my look fine to you when pasted in. For example, you can bring up the Emoji tool in Windows 10+ by pressing the Windows + dot (period) keys at the same time.

1688313537321.png

These are the "Reactions" icons:

1688313764531.png

sorry for the derail: the "thumbs down" reaction seems to have a more universal meaning in many instances than "disagree", more like "that's no good" (used in a sympathetic way).

at least that is how I'm seeing many of us use it.

seems odd to see "disagree" in the response line when we use it. is there another icon or maybe a meaning change?

"disagree" is more a voting response.

seems odd to see "disagree" in the response line when we use it. is there another icon or maybe a meaning change?

We are open for suggestions. "Disagree" replaced the "Angry" icon in the original xenForo Reactions — not a reaction we want to support or advertise. We felt that "Disagree" would leave the door open for productive conversation and debate.

What we can't do now is make a change that is significantly different than the current Reactions, for example change "Disagree" to "Die you scum". The reason we can't change the label is it changes the intent of all the Reactions already in the database.

"disagree" is more a voting response.

Aren't the Reactions menu essentially a voting or opinion response?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom