Add Dauin or more time in Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Aiyanar in Anilao a few times. Ok house reef, no guide needed, but one stays on the dock and helps you with your gear and watches your bubbles while you dive. Buddy required.

In December 2019 I dived off Zamboanguita just south of Dauin and the muck diving was as good as Anilao where I've dived frequently in the past. The nudi count though was not as good, but plenty of other critters.

Apo Island is awesome.

i-43bcZsx-L.jpg

i-XLLGFC3-M.jpg

Attachments

• i-KCStRqz-M.jpg
    i-KCStRqz-M.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 70
  • i-KCStRqz-M.jpg
    i-KCStRqz-M.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 68
In December 2019 I dived off Zamboanguita just south of Dauin and the muck diving was as good as Anilao where I've dived frequently in the past. The nudi count though was not as good, but plenty of other critters.

Apo Island is awesome.

View attachment 646281

View attachment 646282

"Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan"

ok. I have to ask... My hovercraft is full of eels?

View attachment 646281
Funny, I think I know these 3 guys, the white seahorse and the pair of harlequins which I came across in may 2019 as well. Right on the metal structure off Thalatta resort, right?
So many flamboyant cuttlefish as well... eggs or adults.

Here's the big guy.
47996322971_0bf49cac77_c.jpg

Would 10 nights in Anilao (most likely Buceo Anilao) be too much if I dropped Dauin?

Assuming the required 7 days quarantine is lifted.
And you are doing diving course or has business to deal with or other reasons, spending 1 month in PG is far too much.
If you are feeling adventurous then how about Southern Leyte instead of Dauin? Sipalay is another option.
There is one similarity in staying at Anilao, Dauin, Sipalay and Southern Leyte and that is diving/eating/sleeping in the same place. Nothing wrong with that but some people might find it too restricted.
Can't wait to return to do some diving in the country but not at the present climate.

Enjoy your trip.

Assuming the required 7 days quarantine is lifted.
And you are doing diving course or has business to deal with or other reasons, spending 1 month in PG is far too much.
If you are feeling adventurous then how about Southern Leyte instead of Dauin? Sipalay is another option.
There is one similarity in staying at Anilao, Dauin, Sipalay and Southern Leyte and that is diving/eating/sleeping in the same place. Nothing wrong with that but some people might find it too restricted.
Can't wait to return to do some diving in the country but not at the present climate.

Enjoy your trip.
I thought living/diving like a local for a bit would be nice. I am getting a great deal on lodging so I thought “what the heck?”.

I imagine it will be pretty nice not being bombarded with huge dive groups.
Unless they are local, of course.

Living like a local in Philippines is not my cup of tea! There are a lot of things that I could not stand(my own experience and view).
Unless you are diving over certain period or in some very very popular places, big group is not that common.
Diving out from PG for 1 month will bore me stiffness, there are good and interesting sites but definitely not for 1 month.

If you have a month + 10 days in the country. Visayas would be very nice for inter islands travelling and diving. Cebu, Bohol, Leyte and Negros. And you can even take a short flight to Camiguin.
Alternatively after diving Sipalay in Negros you can exit from Bacolod to Iloilo in Panay and then to Boracay(not sure about the situation there) and finally catching a slow boat to Batangas for Manila.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom