Adapter for a Shrimp BOV...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For cave diving I use two steel bailout bottles (85's or 108's) rigged in SM config. Both bottles have a QC6 male fitting that can be plumbed into my rebreather. My KISS has a QC6 female with a Y-splitter that feeds both the BOV and ADV. I only use that on-board 3L bottle for wing and suit inflation in the cave, the ADV and BOV are both driven by off-board gas. Even limiting that 3L bottle for wing and suit gas, I've come up close to empty on a couple of long dives with a lot of vertical relief in the cave (with depth changes from 180' to 30' back to 180').

I do something sorta similar. I have a male QC6 on my sidemounted bailouts, 45s, 85s, 130s - depending on the cave. Normally I just plug in the left one but I could plug in the right if I somehow lost the left bailout. The female QC6 side on my Meg goes to a splitter and then the ADV and my wing. My backmounted 2 or 3L cylinder (where dil would typically go) just feeds my suit. I want to split my wing and suit gas sources. I too have come up sparse in the past.

In open water (non cave so not lots of ups and downs) the dil reg has a male QC6 on it which plugs into the ADV/wing splitter. So I just take off my suit reg put on the dil reg with a gauge and make QC6 and the simple switch between cave mode and open water mode is basically done.

I don't use a BOV, I necklace a normal 2nd stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom