Adapter for a Shrimp BOV...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Got my Shrimp Valve and Cooper hoses just before I left for California, over a week ago. I'm trying to get it set up for diving on my unit. Today, I received my QC6 from @Cave Country Dive Shop and went to put it together. No joy. Both the female QC6 and the Shrimp BOV have the same fitting. It's like what you would find on any any second stage regulator. What I want is a 4" or 6" hose with two second stage fittings on it. Here's a pic of the two pieces:

upload_2016-6-10_16-53-52.png

Pulling the adapter off of the QC6 shows a female Swagelock fitting on one end, but it's sealed with an o-ring. Here's a pic of it taken off.

upload_2016-6-10_16-47-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-10_16-43-54.png
    upload_2016-6-10_16-43-54.png
    664.5 KB · Views: 156
Swagelok can make about anything. You may be able to source a QC6 with the female threads.

What I want is a 4" or 6" hose with two second stage fittings on it. Here's a pic of the two pieces:

Halcyon makes a longer version of that for the RB80 injector hoses. I bet if you get in touch with Ken C or Corey S they could make a 4'' one for you.

That's interesting. I haven't seen anybody use a QC6 at the BOV since they're pretty large and none too light.

Seems like usually the BOV is either directly hosed or a smaller QD and the QC6 is reserved for the bottle to BOV hose connection, which is probably why they sent one with the connections they did. Call them up and see what else they have, or call your local swagelok distributor and see if they'll let you swap it out. I know my local distributor is happy to work directly with customers.

For my off board bailout, LP hose comes from BOV (currently experimenting with an Omni QD, pretty pleased so far), BOV LP far end goes to QC6 female, and QC6 male is on a short LP hose coming off the bottle. Having a QD the size of a QC6 hanging off the mouthpiece was way too heavy on both my Meg and Pelagian. In fact, on the Pelagian I went back to onboard bailout and a stage reg off the bottle since it's my travel little guy.

What these guys said but also the threads on that ACc do not look to be the same size as the 2nd stage threads. They look to be the same size as a LP port on a first stage (3/8).

That's interesting. I haven't seen anybody use a QC6 at the BOV since they're pretty large and none too light.
Yeah, I'm rethinking this whole approach.
What these guys said but also the threads on that ACc do not look to be the same size as the 2nd stage threads.
They're the same. A hose threads on it perfectly.

Ok just looked smaller in the photo. I get mine from Tecme. They have various end fittings that you might want.

When I ran a bov, I used a LP hose at the bov and a female qc6 with female 3/8 threads to attach to that.

I have a Dil MAV with a QC4 on it. I'm sure I can attach the QC6 to it and then split one of the hoses. Maybe a MAV with three ports, instead of two would resolve all this.

Do you want your BOV plumbed to that same DIL source? There are pros and cons but since it is bailout you might consider plumbing it to your bailout tank and not your dil tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom