• BMW 330 Ci

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Infiniti G35

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I just met an unhappy Audi owner, Damselfish. I'm sorry your experiences with your Audi weren't good.

I really like the styling of the G35. If I ever need to get another car, the G35 is tops in my books.

I've voted for the BMW because I'm from Germany and drove German cars all my life. Never had a Japanese car before so can't comment on it but I had 7-8 BMW's and they are great cars. Had Audi's as well and they are fun too.

My last car was a 330i and I absolutely loved it. I've never been one to get all misty eyed over a vehicle, but the outstanding handling, fit and finish and generally thoughtful design of the 330 really won me over.

My only complaints, and they are minor, is the 330 could use a little bit more power (even with a standard transmission) and it is absolutely worthless off the pavement (I like to go camping now and then and the thing has like 3" of ground clearance). It's also nearly impossible to fit it with chains (though it does remarkably well in the snow without them). I think they've added a little bit of power since my 2001 model, so that issue may be taken care of.

Bottom line is you will not be disappointed if you get the 330. I enjoyed that car more each day I owned it and was very sorry to see it go.

Incidentally, I now own an Infiniti FX, which is basically the G35 chassis and powertrain with a different body, 4WD and gumball tires. I really like the FX - it has a little more power than the 330, handles really well for an SUVish type thing and does much better in the snow and off road, but it lacks some unquantifiable element of quality or craftsmanship or whatever that the BMW had.

zboss:
I'm looking to buy and thought a poll would be fun!

I have a '05 G35 6MT that I drive for work. This is a very fast (298hp w/ 6 sp transmission, 3400 lb car) sedan with fine fit and finish.

If you want a sport luxury sedan there is no better car available under $40,000.

BTW, they also have one of the best warranties around.

Good Luck in your search.

Dave

Mike Loyco:
Guess I just met an unhappy Audi owner, Damselfish. I'm sorry your experiences with your Audi weren't good.

I really like the styling of the G35. If I ever need to get another car, the G35 is tops in my books.
with you

I suppose if you like the jerky, bumpy rides of a car like the Acura and BMW then go ahead. Lexus' are always nice. But, I had a neighbor w/ a G35, got t-boned by a car running a red light as he was turning left. He had a scratch on his face and that was it. Oh yeah, the other car was doing 40 mph. He has the bumper hanging in his garage along w/ a new G35.

Randy43068:
that you should get a mini-van...

:eyebrow:

no WAY!

I mean unless I could get a bed and disco ball back there. Of course the minivan might also hold a compressor :)

PlanoDvr1:
I suppose if you like the jerky, bumpy rides of a car like the Acura and BMW then go ahead. Lexus' are always nice. But, I had a neighbor w/ a G35, got t-boned by a car running a red light as he was turning left. He had a scratch on his face and that was it. Oh yeah, the other car was doing 40 mph. He has the bumper hanging in his garage along w/ a new G35.

If I was really concerned about bumpy rides I would get an SUV... I did look at the Lexus but it's not a contender because their designs are just too plain. It also says "I'm happily married and have kids in junior high" which I'm not and I don't.

I just pulled down a review from consumer reports and it looks like the Acura has a pretty good dealer hold back. It also scored tops over everything. Apparently, CR felt that the G35 didn't have the handling to match it's power, although it was still very good.

I haven't started test drives - that's this weekend, unless I'm diving. Got to have priorities!

Back
Top Bottom