Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will add myself to the over 50 divers here. Was certified in 1998 took a long break now back at it looking forward to many years of diving with my kids.

My goal is to be the first 100 year old guy to dive to 100 m.

I'll be 75 this summer, so 3/4 of the way to that age goal; I have no particular desire to share the 100m goal though.

Jeez this hits home! I will turn 50 in june. we are headed for 8 nights to cozumel. been diving for 25 years. just a vacation diver with one trip a year.

back before we had kids and the airfare was 199 bucks to cozumel, we would make 3-4 trips a year.

67 years old. Retired in Moalboal Cebu, Philippines.

Dove more than 170 times in 2022, on track to do same this year.

Also took up tech diving recently. Have TDI ExRange and SDI DM completed in last year. Did tech dive just this AM as I am learning to sidemount having only used twinset so far.

Certified in Jan 1996, only had 100 dives up to Oct 2019, this morning was number 670.

My goal is to be the first 100 year old guy to dive to 100 m.
Rickk, Hey, set high goals, especially w/SCUBA. New gas mix technology is always evolving. Curtis Harper, our Dive Club Prez in Virginia said he was going to dive on the wreck of the Monitor off Cape Hatteras one day at 220’ depth. He Did despite physiological issues he overcame. He was part of the research and archaeology dive team when Duke U. ( w/my old Yorktown Shipwreck Center Chief, John Broadwater) was doing the project. If there is a will….there’s a way. Carpe Diem, my soggy senior friend.😀🤿

giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser, PADI DM, Harrellsville, NC

54 years old. Certified in 1987. My wife and I prefer "blue" water but I'll dive just about anywhere. I did my ice cert in 2021 and my wife thinks I'm crazy for that one. 99+% are NDL dives. I don't get to dive as much as I'd like.

68, been certified since 1984. Dove as far North as Alaska, far West as Thailand and East in the Red Sea. While I have dove cold water, now just warm water. I have a PADI master diver rating but the 1200 plus dives in various conditions is what has made me a better diver.

Wit
Think we'd all share that goal!

Alas there's so many things which will stop us achieving that.
H my luck i will die in bed at 99.

Shot by a jealous husband.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom