Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

67 Today - Uggh! I learned to dive last June with my daughter before heading to the Big Island of Hawaii to do the Night Manta Ray dive. We got certified two days before we left and are now hooked. We live in Florida and try to dive a few times a month. We are heading to Jupiter to Dive with the Sharks with Emerald Dive Center. In addition, we have advanced dive certifications with Rainbow Reef Dive Center in Key Largo, Fl.

I am a travel blogger, and you can read about our dive trips at Cast About Travel. My husband and I are heading on a world cruise aboard the Viking Neptune this December. We'll hit many excellent dive spots, such as Cozumel, Costa Rica, Honduras, Cabo San Lucas, Fiji, Bali, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, and many more. I would love to hear from those of you that have dived at a few of these places, and let me know if you have location and dive center recommendations for me.

My husband and I are heading on a world cruise aboard the Viking Neptune this December. We'll hit many excellent dive spots, such as Cozumel, Costa Rica, Honduras, Cabo San Lucas, Fiji, Bali, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, and many more.

You can scuba dive from this ship?

I would love to hear from those of you that have dived at a few of these places, and let me know if you have location and dive center recommendations for me.
If you haven't already stumbled onto it, there is a sub-forum here dedicated to diving from cruise ships. FYI.

First certified in 2015 at the age of 47. Mostly vacation diver and a few quarry dives for a grand total of 49 dives until I moved back to my home state of Florida in late 2020. Now I go every chance I get usually at least once a month. Mainly drift diving on the SE coast and a little spearing in the gulf north of Tampa Bay. Night diving is my favorite closely followed by bug hunting. The next time I get wet it will be #200 and I have no plans to slow down.

54, diving for 28 years. Certified in cold Monterey, and now a "warm water wimp". Getting back to at least 2 dive trips/year after Covid. Just came back from a week in the Philippines- 24 dives!

I dove last 6mos ago at age 80. They were shore dives at Puako, on the Big Island. Been diving since 1955, when my father, who learned diving from an instruction manual for dive equipment, taught me in Lake Erie. See avatar. Somehow managed to not get bent or die.

Still healthy enough to dive, but family issues prevent any more overseas trips. Will probably do some dives this summer at a scenic reservoir with a dive park and buoyancy course. Not real exciting...but wet:)

75 years old. Started scuba diving at age 21. Still diving but not as often. Used to do four dives a month till a year ago but have now slowed down to 2 dives every other month.

72 years old. Original C Card from the YMCA at 15 around 1966 and then took a ~20 year break. Re-certified in the early 80's after moving to Florida. 1,000's of dives since then and many regularly at The Florida Aquarium, Caribbean and all around the world. Heading to the the Philippines soon.

My guess is that it was the Baby Boomers who led the SCUBA charge, a majority of those on this forum are from that generation.

Back
Top Bottom