Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

59, was certified at 16. switched free diving when I was married. Switched back to scuba when I was divorced. Be mostly shore diving the 13 years. started doing some dive travel a few years ago.
One of the few that a divorce did not cost an arm and a leg.
Enjoy your freedom.

62 - certified 4 months before my 50th birthday (2010), so it's been 13 years. We dive warm water only - and it starts to feel cold at 81 degrees!! :wink:

I am curious as to how many SB members, who are still active divers, are over the age of 50? Also, how long they have been diving, how often they dive, and what types of diving they do?
Due to turn 54 shortly. Certified in 2006 at age 37. Historically had about 2 week long dive trips/year, but retirement budget looks to be amending that to aiming for 1 2-week trip/year to cut down airfare costs. Have somewhere around 559 dives. Mainly a Caribbean coral reef diver, favorite and most dove destination is Bonaire, but have ventured off for other things - Galapagos, Jupiter (Florida), etc...

Another female chimes in!
Just found this thread.. my people! Have met a few of the responders and surprised at one's age. Won't disclose which one..thought you were a few years younger!

60, cetified Jan 1993, 1352 logged dives. Had to take a few years off in the single parent of a toddler phase of my life. Hermit Crab is grown up now and married!
I like shallow clear water dives. Longest dive to date was 3:40 on a generous fill steel 80 (ending the dive with 700psi) . Anything under 2 hours is a short dive! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom