Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man there are some tough old bastards on here. (Meant in the absolute most respectful way).

No wonder guys like me can ask a few questions and be taught by total strangers how to rebuild old double hose regulators by feel.

Good job to all of you. I've got another year till I join your club.

Keep it up!

Regularly dive with people well into their 50s, 60s and even 70s doing deep 60m+/200ft+ wrecks and longish decompression diving on rebreathers. All in cold water 10c/50f.

It's humbling to be on a boat where the total number of years they've been diving rebreathers is close to 100 years.

It's a state of mind. In the case of a certain Yorkshireman, bloody mindedness!

Man there are some tough old bastards on here. (Meant in the absolute most respectful way).

No wonder guys like me can ask a few questions and be taught by total strangers how to rebuild old double hose regulators by feel.

Good job to all of you. I've got another year till I join your club.

Keep it up!
Too funny! I still have my very first one. Breathes just as shi*ty as when it was new! Lol
thumbnail_20221031_125436.jpg

Too funny! I still have my very first one. Breathes just as shi*ty as when it was new! Lol
That one looks in very good order .
The first regulator I used was like the twin set in the photo.
And we were diving a 40/60% mix in < 18m.
800px-Ted_Eldred_2003.jpg

I just met today with my surgical staff, one year after a hip replacement (contact sports are not a good thing to long term health). She said, "It looks great!" She asked what I had done this last year? I said I hadn't skied, but had SCUBA dived (including lugging gear on shore dives, and boat ladders). She said, "Keep having fun!"

66, UK diving. Ex tech, no longer warm water diving. Dive every week 100 plus per year. Avoid deco now. Losing enthusiasm.
Have you discovered sailing? Less politics 😉

66, UK diving. Ex tech, no longer warm water diving. Dive every week 100 plus per year. Avoid deco now. Losing enthusiasm
Go to Tulum Mexico. Dive a Cenote. The owners are from the UK. Contact

Back
Top Bottom