Accomplishments of 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2010 accomplishments
Celebrated 30th anniversary :D
Both grown children certified
Dove more than 2009
Own all my own gear
Discovered Cozumel

2011 goals
Dive more than 2010
Improve buoyancy
Try a new place (or 2) for a dive vacation.

Last year's goals and accomplishments ...
me:
I finally made it to the caves ... got certified through the Apprentice level (NSS-CDS) in August.

I hope to complete Full Cave training in February 2010.
My February trip ended up getting rescheduled to May ... but I did get Full Cave certified.

I also managed to hit another goal this year that I'd been looking forward to ... making it down to see the deep-water gorgonians of Nootka Sound ...

IMG_9023.jpg

My goals for 2011 ...

- sidemount training
- a Mexico cave trip

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just earned the Wakulla Bronze Safety Award in Cave diving.

Only goals I have are to continue to be safe and to have a lot of fun. If by chance I lay some line in a cave ( which is about to happen) then thats cool too. Oh and maybe do some survey work in caves :D

2010 accomplishments:
Did more dives than in 2009
Broke the 200 dive mark
Greatly improved my trim
Made it to the other side of the world

Goals for 2011:
Dive more than in 2010! (seems to be a pretty common theme!)
Help my mom improve her diving
Learn new kicks

Accomplishments of 2010:

Dived three extremely cool new-to-me wrecks (the Santa Clara and UB88 off Long Beach, and the Hogan in Mexican waters south of San Diego).

Became involved in ODA's efforts to remove discarded fishing nets from our reefs and wrecks.

Goals for 2011:

More dives, less money.

Made it thru my wife's passing.
Tripled my certs for this year over 2009.
Started my book.
Gave two presentations at Scubafest.
Dived in Puerto Rico
Met a new wonderful lady who also dives
Started writing for an on line scuba magazine that pays me!
Was told I was a positive force in the dive community by a manufacturer I respect a lot.
Finished my part of the book -editing in progress now by the new wonderful lady
Feel like I am making and will continue to make a real positive difference in the dive community.

And Mark, feel free to use me for that less money thing. I'll gladly take some off your hands!

2010 accomplishments:
Bought a new boat after mostly beach diving for the past seven years.
Had a video shown three times at the Long Beach Scuba Show and articles published in California Diving News. Found the UB88 after several years of searching several times per year and two months of intense searching using new software. Shared the coordinates with several tech buddies. Nobody removed anything from the wreck, although one person left a T-shirt inside. :thumbdown:
Dived a couple of new reefs that I found using Global Mapper.

Goals for 2011:
Finish research for a book. Remove T-shirt from the UB88.

Goals for 2010
-150 dives - DONE
-finish my dive leader course - DONE
-do fundies with a few friends - NOT DONE
-do a bunch more of the local wrecks - DONE
-get a decent underwater camera - NOT DONE
-get some more gear including doubles setup, decent light and a pony - PARTIALLY DONE

I didn't do fundies in the end because I did my Cave course and Accelerated Deco, and now I am coursed out for the time being.

I got all of the gear I wanted (doubles, light, new drysuit, etc) other than a pony, but no plans to yet as friends have so many spares I haven't needed to get my own.

Underwater camera got deferred as I decided to put the money towards a trip to Mexico/Florida in 2011.

Overall I think I accomplished more than I expected, given I did my cave course and have done 26 cave dives now.

2011 goals
-150 dives
-get a decent underwater camera
-spend more money on travel rather than gear/courses

2010: Surfaced from every dive alive and undrowned :D

2011: Repeat successes of 2010, but in new location(s) ... Fiji? Galapagos? Palau?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom