Accomodations for 3 adults in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heydn62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A friend will be joining my son and I on a dive trip to Key Largo in June. I usually stay at the Key West Inn, but those have a double bed and a sleeper sofa. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay that would have a bed for each of us? At this point, my alternatives are renting 2 rooms or buying an inflatable bed. Any condos available for a 4 night stay? My budget is in the Key West Inn category, but would like to stay below $200/nt.

Thanks,

Doug

I would strongly recommend you to just get an inflatable mattress. and stay where you are A lot cheaper . The way I look at it I am there to dive and hotel/motel is just for sleeping . Don't need any thing fancy. I have slept on the floor in a sleeping bag before .

I was just looking in the Sticky: Florida Keys Guide and saw Ocean Pointe Suites. Thanks for the recommendation. Anyone have any experience with Ed & Ellen's Lodgings, (also mentioned in the Sticky)?

---------- Post added May 8th, 2013 at 11:49 AM ----------

Sportxlh - do you remember if Ocean Pointe had wi-fi?

Another vote for Ocean Pointe, nice property, nice rooms we have stayed with them the last two years and will again.

Sportxlh - do you remember if Ocean Pointe had wi-fi?

I'd be shocked if it did not: I recall my friend messing with his IPad a bit, but he also has the cell enabled version too so I'm not sure if we used wi-fi or 4G. We didn't spend a lot of time in the conco facility so he was not using the IPad much. The days were sort of as follows: wake up, dive 4 times, go out for dinner and a drink or two, come back to the condo exhausted around 10:00 or 10:30, chat for 30 minutes or so recounting the days activities and what we saw, sleep and repeat the cycle the next day.

Last edited:
Check with Amoray Dive center. Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort Key Largo Florida
They have several rooms/suites that meet your criteria.

My LDS always stays and dives here. A very good operation. Rooms are basic, but clean and well kept.

Ocean pointe does not have free wifi, at least as of end of last Dec.

A friend will be joining my son and I on a dive trip to Key Largo in June. I usually stay at the Key West Inn, but those have a double bed and a sleeper sofa. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay that would have a bed for each of us? At this point, my alternatives are renting 2 rooms or buying an inflatable bed. Any condos available for a 4 night stay? My budget is in the Key West Inn category, but would like to stay below $200/nt.

Thanks,

Doug

Welcome to the Key Largo!

The Key West Inn has a few rollaways they can add to any room, ask them. I think it's about $10/night. Ocean Point Suites has 2 Br units. On the very cheap side (and you get what you pay for), Ed & Ellen's has rooms with beds that have trundle pullouts. Some of Amoray Resort rooms have 2 beds and 1 has a pullout trundle. Also check some of the small resorts, all their rooms are different sizes with various configurations of beds & pullouts: Pelican, Bay Cove, Sunset, to name a few. They are older facilities but are usually reasonably priced.

I also recommend checking with the dive op you will be diving with. Most have great relationships with lodging facilities and they can get you prices better than you would find on your own, just chat with them about what you'd like and let them present you with options.

WiFi...just about every place has it. If not there is Starbucks, many restaurants and bars have it, even some of the dive shops that you dive with might share as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom