Accommodation recommendation in Bora Bora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norboo

Registered
Reaction score
We want to spend our honeymoon in Bora Bora (4 nights) and Moorea (3 nights) this June.

It is hard to gauge which hotels are better just by looking online

In Moorea, we were thinking about Moorea Pearl Resort in a Garden Style with a private pool or Sofitel Moorea. Any thoughts?

As for Bora Bora which resort would you stay in or recommend? We want a luxurious room with a view in Bora Bora. Bora Bora is where we want to spend our money
Overwater bungalow is a must.

Bora Bora Nui (Is the water that deep?)
Hotel Bora Bora
Bora Bora Lagoon
Intercontinental Resort Thalasso
Sofitel Motu
Sofitel
Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort

We were thinking of doing Bora Bora first. Is this a good idea?

Thank you.

I'm in the Pearl on both islands in August. Sorry I can't give you any advice before you go.

Fave fun!

Same here, Pearl resort is awesome on Bora Bora. The view from the deck.

2016.jpg

The Intercontinental Resort Thalasso is incredibly beautiful and apparently the most expensive resort on Bora Bora. It just opened in 2006. It is on the motu, however, so it requires a 20 minute or so shuttle to get onto the mainland or back. The Intercontinental Resort on the mainland is beautiful as well, and is set on Matira Beach, one of the most photographed beaches in the South Pacific. Both have overwater bungalows with incredible views.

We visited both of the above resorts and were blown away. We did not visit any of the others. It would be hard to go wrong with any of the better resorts in either Bora Bora or Moorea. They're both beautiful.

Some things that I've heard that should be a consideration are the distance between the overwater bungalows for privacy; some are really close together. Also the depth of the water the overwater bungalows are in: some are so shallow that all that can get under there are tiny fish, while others are deeper and in a healthy environment and you can see the bigger sea life like manta rays and sharks.

Congrats!

The best views on Bora Bora, in my mind, are the resorts out on a motu. Looking back at the island is just heaven.

I'm a fan of the Intercontinentals on both Moorea and Bora Bora. If you're just choosing between the Pearl and Sofitel on Moorea, I'd vote for the Pearl, but be forewarned there are a lot of stairs at the resort.

Almost forgot (don't know how I'd forget this, though - it's a fabulous benefit). If you're considering an InterContinental in FP, look at purchasing what's called a Priority Club Ambassador membership - it can save you hundreds of dollars. This status gives you one free weekend night, automatic upgrade of your room category and other benefits. You can read about the benefits here: Priority Ambassador. It's a little-known benefit that I and my clients have made very good use of. Yes, it costs $150, but the savings in FP (reserve garden room, get beach... reserve beach get OWB for example and the free room night) MORE than pay for the cost. Let me know if you have questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom