Accommodation Alona beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydob27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be spending a few weeks diving around Cebu, Bohol and Negros in a couple weeks. I already got great feedback for Moalboal in Cebu; thanks to many on this site. So I'm going back to the well.

If anyone has any good info on cheap (but not too dingy) places to stay on Alona Beach I would really appreciate it. Bohol Divers Resort and Playa Blanca have good prices; I don't know what they are like, or if there are better options. I would like to hear about good experiences from dive shops as well.

Also, I'm doing this trip solo; will I be bored to tears if I stay on Apo Island?

If yes... Accommodation/Dive shop recommendations for around Dumaguete would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks a lot.

Andy

I stayed at Isis last year and found it fine. (It was also the cheapest place I found on the water.)

I stayed at Bohol Divers, don't get the Villa Suites, they're getting worse every year. The Chateau rooms are ok. I'll be staying at Isis this year.

Bohol Divers is so so. Their dive shop is/was Philippine Islands Divers and is currently closed and undergoing renovation and a name change.

Oasis Resort is a clean quiet place and well managed. It may not be in your price range. The rooms are not on the beach but up and behind the dive shop which is Seaquest Dive Center. Seaquest is where I do my diving. It is an efficient and well run operation. They have two banca boats and two speedboats so everyday pretty much has a choice of sites and number of dives.

Pyramid Resort has some rooms facing the beach/ocean. Not sure of the price.

I have a map of the Alona Beach area on my website. It may be of help to you. There are printable versions for download.

I agree with Gilligan. Oasis is a good, clean resort with pretty good food. But it isn't cheap. The dive shop, Sea Quest, is very good, very professional.

There are lots of places to stay at Alona. I think occupancy is a little bit down, plus its off season, so you might be able to get a discount somewhere.

Dumaguete depends if you want a resort outside, than I would recommend Thalatta (until September)

After that Mikes Beachresort (website still under construction, finished next week) should be finished, If you wanna stay in Duma, there are several valuable options. At present I recommend Hotel Nicanor, Palwa and Obdulias business inn, diving with adventure-diveshop.

hope it helps a bit for now

cheers

Rhoody

I think the answer is yes you would be bored to tears if you do APO solo..

I have stayed at Alona Kew, Bohol Divers and one other place in Alona**cant remember the name). I stayed in the several different rooms in both places.. If I was looking for cheap, Bohol Divers has 1000P rooms in the back kind of native with a fan.. But really some of the places off the beach looked decent and everything is just a short walk so your choices are
really unlimited..

I looked at Hotel Nicanor in Dumaguette and it looked nice, but I have stayed at Bethel Guest house three times now... I like it cause it is cheap clean and the food is good, they are pretty restictive on behavior though no smoking or alchohol......

Bethel is cheap ? for living in a sterile Hospital-room with plastic furniture I would say it's pretty expensive compared to the new options you got in Duma (warm atmosphere, free wifi, some even with wired onnection in the room). Bethel either need to adjust the price or the room-standard.

plus traveling alone... it is a enjoyable task if you meet a new friend and wanna bring her/him into Bethel.... enjoyable for all who have the pleasure to watch that...

Here's my two cents; Alona Beach :Stayed at Alona Land last year I found it to be good value, A bit of a walk to the beach though. I dove with Sun Divers, found it to be a good operation. Nice shop, dive masters, tons of bottom time. I did like the looks of Isis on Alona, it seems to be a good value/ for a new resort right on the beach. When I go back I will most likely stay there as my non-diver wife would enjoy it more.
Two years ago I stayed and dove with El Dorado Beach Resort in Dauin/Dumaguete. Again a good value, nice rooms, good food, outstanding diving, I was lucky enough to dive the Pier 4 times never got tired of it. And Apo is very nice. The dive operation there I was pleased with also.
I'm always looking for the best value on the bottom of most resorts/dive shops and was pleased with both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom