accident statistic for Mares Horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s not nice. It’s always good to get new technology being tried. There are some people for whom the Horizon is a good solution.
It is second try for Hollis Explorer, not exactly that new but yes nice to have choices.

I learned a valuable life lesson a few years ago…

I was travelling up an escalator about to cross a road in Beijing, right near the top I looked to my right and saw i was within arms reach of an electricity pole, it was the top and it was like a birds nest of angry sounding buzzing crackling cables.

I spoke to my Chinese friend and mused; “wow that’s really dangerous, what if someone reached out and touched that? They might die?!”

She replied;
“Just don’t reach out or touch it and you’ll be fine, We learned this when we were children”.

Just don’t do dumb stuff that might kill you.

If only it were that simple. No one gets up in the morning intending to have an accident.

A rebreather is only as safe as it’s operator. If you follow your checklist, don’t take unnecessary risks, and don’t become complacent, you’ll be fine. Don’t do those things and you can end up dead.

Trust me on this one. Been there, got no t-shirt.

Dusty123, You do not understand how this unit work. In short words, If you by mistake open deco tank valve you will have gas from this tank even in the bottom bailout regulator. This "feater" is that is most scary for me.

According to the image, if you open dec tank then 12bar EAN70 moved out EAN32 from manifold and the first stage of the tank with EAN32. If you breathe with a regulator from EAN32 tank you will breathe EAN70.
View attachment 666447

I said independent deco stage/bailout as in not plugged into the horizon at all. Only run one gas scr. Then essentially bailout to oc when you are shallow enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom