Access to Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume you have successfully completed the obstacle course.
For my trip I need another S-Pass. Because Manila is unrestricted, my first S-PASS was easy, that is, Manila doesn't need my vaccination card or a Covid test. Traveling from Puerto Princesa to Coron is more challenging since Coron is restricted.

After entering the logistics, the website moved to the document/attachments screen.
Attach documents.JPG

As you can see, the website requires three attachments (passport, PCR test result and "Other"). If you don't attach three documents, you can't submit the form. But Coron doesn't require a PCR test.

Notice that at the top of the form, I underlined the text "upload only the documents required". So, to attach my PCR test, I created a little document that says "I don't need to take a PCR test" and attached it. Here's what it looks like.
RT-PCR Test Result or Equivalent.JPG

So, I met all the requirements for the attachments.
  1. I attached a scan of my passport ("Identification").
  2. I attached my little document that explains that I don't need a PCR test ("RT-PCR Test Result").
  3. I attached my vaccination card ("Other Documents").
This allowed me to submit my S-PASS application successfully.
Upload finished, will review.JPG

Here's what the document with the QR code looks like.
Pending.JPG

The text at the top of the page says: "This travel coordination permit is granted to the person listed below to pass the established Quarantine Control Points (QCPs) Checkpoints, Seaports and Airports from point of origin to point of destination"

Here's my current status. You can see that I have one approved S-PASS and one pending S-PASS.
Current status.JPG

Now I have to wait and see what comes back.

I do not think I can handle all these tedious procedures.
Why make it so complicate for the tourists?

Reactions: FT
I do not think I can handle all these tedious procedures.
Why make it so complicate for the tourists?
Hahaha, C'mon Centrals, you know how it is here..... Make everything as convoluted as possible! LOL

But yes, it's all quite ridiculous really. I think we'll see it all easing up here soon.....

Hahaha, C'mon Centrals, you know how it is here..... Make everything as convoluted as possible! LOL
Same here in HK.
Both HK and Philippines have one similarity: gov by a bunch of idiotic moron who are only interested in their own and cronies well being(dosh)!
There is still 7 days of quarantine requirement in HK, another fine example of extreme stupidity by the hksar gov.

I have successfully run the obstacle course.:yeahbaby:
And with distinction. Good on you.
Enjoy the trips to Tubattaha and Coron.

If you have any spare time in Coron:

If you have any spare time in Coron:
Sounds very interesting. I've been in thermo and haloclines in the cenotes but a 104-degree thermocline at depth? Now that sounds like something I'm going to set some time aside for! And I'll definitely leave my wetsuit behind. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sounds very interesting. I've been in thermo and haloclines in the cenotes but a 104-degree thermocline at depth? Now that sounds like something I'm going to set some time aside for! And I'll definitely leave my wetsuit behind. Thanks for the suggestion!
You will need the wet suit above the thermocline.
I could not stay more than 30 sec in it!

As I mentioned previously, resorts in PG will arrange all of that for the guest, no need to do it yourself.

But yes, it's all quite ridiculous really. I think we'll see it all easing up here soon.....
Now that I've settled on my resort and have someone local to correspond with, I had a chance to try out @D_Fresh 's guidance. It's all good news. Read on.

On 2022-04-09 21:46, Tom Briggs wrote:
Thanks for the quick response Nenita! I have one more question-- can the resort help me arrange the travel paperwork? I'm flying to Busuanga from Puerto Princesa on June 10th and have heard that travel isn't straightforward due to Covid. I understand that I might need an S-PASS or QR code in order to take a flight or ferry. Is that something that you can help with?

Subject: Confirmation: #*****
You are right - for now, all incoming guest of Busuanga island require S-pass online registration (individually) but it may change this coming month of may and june. Yes, we will issue a voucher to confirm your reservation with AL FARO - dont worry, we will help you once the dates of your stay getting closer.
thanks/best regards

I have noticed you had raised a question on Dugong in Coron in another thread.
This is what I know:
Northern part of Coron.

Kyokuzan Maru wreck is very good with a lot to see. Seldom dived because of the distance. One of the three best wrecks in Coron(for me) the other two are Irako and Akitsushima
Ki-43 plane wreck was only discovered few yrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom