Access to Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not committed to the Grand View. How do you like to do Coron when you go?
I have done LoB once and it was the best.
Other times were land based in Coron town because of the overall cost of the resort eg, Sangat Island Dive Resort. D'Divers is another option. You ought to contact both of them and see what they can offer. Your stay on the island is relative short so you want to maximize the number of dives available. Some of the wrecks are big and deep. Have you got any particular one to explore eg. Irako, Akitsushima.
There is nothing in Coron town.
The airport is miles away and you do need to stay at least one night before your departure.

All good advice. I canceled the hotel in Coron town and booked at the Al Faro Resort which is served by D'Divers. I requested dives on the Akitsushima, Irako, Morazan Maru and Okikawa Maru. From looking at the map, I think they're all short boat rides from D'Divers so I should be able to get in plenty of dives (weather & current permitting).

I'm ready to move on to the 2nd step of the S-PASS-- applying for the Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). Hopefully the Al Faro is a confirmed DOT accredited and LGU Licensed Hotel.

All good advice. I canceled the hotel in Coron town and booked at the Al Faro Resort which is served by D'Divers. I requested dives on the Akitsushima, Irako, Morazan Maru and Okikawa Maru. From looking at the map, I think they're all short boat rides from D'Divers so I should be able to get in plenty of dives (weather & current permitting).

I'm ready to move on to the 2nd step of the S-PASS-- applying for the Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). Hopefully the Al Faro is a confirmed DOT accredited and LGU Licensed Hotel.

Is your hotel not arranging your S-Pass for you? I can't speak of Coron yet, but at least when booking in PG, the hotel will arrange all S-Pass and other docs, and email the QR Code.

It's actually super easy getting to PG if booked through a hotel. Though not quite as easy if you're staying at an Air BnB or with a friend....

when booking in PG, the hotel will arrange all S-Pass and other docs
The first leg of my trip (Manila to Puerto Princesa) didn't require my hotel to arrange for an S
_PASS since PP is "Covid-unrestricted". I just did a check for PG and, if you are traveling from Manila, Puerto Galera is unrestricted.

MNL to Puerto Galera.JPG

Are you sure your hotel arranged for an S-PASS for you? According to the government, you didn't need an S-PASS.

The problem @Centrals and I are trying to solve is how to travel to a restricted place. In my case, I want to travel from Puerto Princesa to Coron. Even though Puerto Princesa and Coron are part of Palawan, the restrictions are at the city-level, not at the province-level.

PPS to Coron.JPG

I want to fly from Puerto Princesa to Coron. Philippine Airlines won't let me fly without an S-PASS.

The first leg of my trip (Manila to Puerto Princesa) didn't require my hotel to arrange for an S
_PASS since PP is "Covid-unrestricted". I just did a check for PG and, if you are traveling from Manila, Puerto Galera is unrestricted.

Are you sure your hotel arranged for an S-PASS for you? According to the government, you didn't need an S-PASS.

You are correct that PG's Local Government Unit has declared them Unrestricted. However, to board the boats between Batangas and Mindoro, the QR is still required as per "MARINA" (a Coast Guard sub-department) policies at this time. And a Tourist QR code is still required by their dept of tourism. There is a Puerto Galera Tourist Registration app which is still required as of April 2. It's not meant to restrict people, but for contact tracing. (Which I don't think the gov't is actually following up on.....)

As I mentioned previously, resorts in PG will arrange all of that for the guest, no need to do it yourself.

Have you generated the QR code yet?

Vaccination card.
Local only?

Vaccination card must be uploaded in S-Pass application? Local only?

I applied for the VaxCertPH. It is only for folks who received vaccinations in the Philippines.

VaxCertPH is only for folks who received vaccinations in the Philippines.JPG

I didn't receive any vaccines in the Philippines so am not eligible for a VaxCertPH.

Yes, I generated one of my QR codes.

There are two types of S-PASS permits (that I'm aware of). The first is a Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP). The other is a Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). For my return from Coron to Manila, the website suggested I get a TPP. That was very easy. I just put in my departure location (hotel) and my arrival (MNL Airport), my flight date and my flight number.

Coron-MNL pass-through S-PASS 2.JPG

The text in the first line reads "This Travel Pass-Through Permit is granted to the person listed below to pass to area/s declared as RESTRICTED on the way to the UNRESTRICTED final destination"

Thank you for doing all the hard works and now I have a general idea on how to get over the red tape.

All too confusing to have two types of S-Pass.
I assumed you have successfully completed the obstacle course.
Have a nice trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom