Acceptable CNS/OTU's - How far do you push it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I don't do that. What I do is based on a lengthy discussion I had with a guy that knows a lot more about diving physiology and long decos than I do.

Will have to hear that over a beer some night. It doesn't stay up above 1.3 for more than a few minutes normally as it's getting flushed down pretty quick, but curious to hear what this guy said.

Yes this is why i started this thread. I am curious to hear what others thought are on high CNS and how they mitigate it. Would be interested to hear more about this too.

Saw this good read.

yes interesting read.

I have some other good article too that i can share if others are interested.

Also on a side note has anyone else do there deco at a 1.4'ish SP from the sounds of it most are bumping up to 1.6 but I have noticed on long dives if you just run 1.4 you really only add a couple minutes to your deco but your CNSs stays much lower then it would have been on 1.6.

But then I guess this all depends on your dive style how you dive and where you bump up your SP's which could be a and entire discussion in its self.

But just a really really crude example is shown below. Not at all how I would dive this dive but just wanted to show a basic example curious if others have similar thought
Example 1: bump up to 1.2 @ first stop, bump up to 1.4 @ 45m. Total run time 351 CNS 213%
1643293280359.png

Example 2: same at example 1 but bump up to 1.6 at 6m. Total run time 349 CNS 240%
1643293398611.png

Example 3: same as example 2 but switch to 1.6 at 21m. Total run time 331 CNS 378%
1643293576435.png

I don't think I have gone over 1.3 on deco ever. Most of the time on long dives it's down around 1.2 (for the whole dive)

18mins more on a 5.5hour dive is totally inconsequential. 150% more CNS in exchange is not a worthwhile tradeoff for me.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom