AC powerpoints in cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi anyone know what kind of ac electrical point is used. I googled it and apparently different ones are used in different regions? Anyone can post a photo? Thanks.

The Philippines uses 220V AC power. The power outlets in most cases are 2 prong with a dual shape hole for a knife or round prong, with a 3rd ground prong in a slightly different place than US (closer) in more modern Philippine buildings. I don't know the exact spacing of the ground pin in the Philippine outlet. I broke the ones off for my computer gear so my US 3 prong plugs would fit. I don't know the Aussie standard for ground, maybe it is the same as Philippine?

As I recall the Philippine power sockets look like the picture below of two converter plugs, one worldwide to Aussie prong, one worldwide to UK. The second shows a converter plug from Aussi prongs to "worldwide" socket (almost, except UK?).

Attachments

• European plug.jpg
    European plug.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Australian Power Adapter to worldwide.jpg
    Australian Power Adapter to worldwide.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 81
Hi anyone know what kind of ac electrical point is used. I googled it and apparently different ones are used in different regions? Anyone can post a photo? Thanks.

I have never had a problem using my US two prong plugs in Cebu or any other location. Make sure your battery chargers are dual voltage (most are) but found I needed to get a dedicated adapter for my Ipod Touch. If you have a lot of stuff to charge there usually aren't too many outlets in hotel or especially more remote resort rooms so it would be best to bring a cheap six outlet plug in strip - just cut of the grounding prong.

It's useful to have an adapter, but for items like battery chargers, cell phone rechargers and so on, I suggest buying them in the Philippines. They're easy to get, don't cost much and are a bit safer because they fit better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom